PDA

View Full Version : Replacing reverb transformer in a Twin Reverb amp

vooduucaster
April 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I have a recently acquired Fender Twin Reverb reissue, The reverb dont work on it but the vibrato does and yes I do have the footswitch, Can anyone tell me if I need to replace the transformer or tubes or both ? Is there any way of testing said transformer and lastly am I opening a bad can of worms going after this transformer ?
I have minimal experience in electronics, Can solder and do minor fixes, Ive just havent been this far before.
I would be grateful for any help you can offer.
Rusty

sumitomo
April 16th, 2010, 03:45 PM
1lozkT1zrIUBe careful Sumi:D

otaypanky
April 16th, 2010, 08:20 PM
The footswitch itself could be the culprit.
If you happen to have another Fender with reverb handy you might try the footswitch from that amp.
You could also try plugging the tank from that amp in to the back of the Twin to determine if the problem is in the tank or the wiring to it.
A bad tube could also cause the problem.

ZMAN
April 18th, 2010, 05:07 AM
The footswitch itself could be the culprit.
If you happen to have another Fender with reverb handy you might try the footswitch from that amp.
You could also try plugging the tank from that amp in to the back of the Twin to determine if the problem is in the tank or the wiring to it.
A bad tube could also cause the problem.

I would look at the least expensive things first. The switch, then the tubes.
After that I would take it to a tech. If you are totaly nube you could really fry the thing and end up with nothing. And as shown in the video it can kill you.