PDA

View Full Version : Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6

Duff
April 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Had a chance to play a new Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 thru a Kustom '36 Coupe tube amp.

Mighty nice sounding guitar. It has EMG 81TW and 89 active pickups and they sound very nice. This guitar was gloss black and had a "vibe" to it. When playing chords the individual strings stood out nicely without blending into a melded mush, clean it sounded great, and distortion was really smooth and high quality sounding. Leads sounded incredible. It was definitely a guitar that is capable of winning over some hearts.

Thought someone might want to hear someone's impression of this outstanding guitar. Try one out if you are looking for this type of LP cloneish type EMG sounding guitar. This one is a real great guitar.

My first decent electric guitar that I purchased was a Schecter Omen 6 in basswood with walnut oil type finish. I still have this guitar and will not part with it. The Hellraiser Solo 6 is a quantum leap away from it, however, and an example of a really great guitar, in my opinion, of course.

Katastrophe
April 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Good to read, Duffy. I've been interested in these, too (like I'm interested in just about everything, lol).