PDA

View Full Version : Lub your pick

ronh
April 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Its a slow day, just reading a guitar magazine. Saw an ad for some new type of pick. Makes you play quicker or something like that. At that price it better do more than that. So, can I do the same only cheaper? You bet!
Got a small piece of foam, cut a 1/4" deep slot, 2" long in it. Put powered graphite in the slot. Ran my plastic pick across/along the slot until I could see a shine from the graphite on the tip. Played guitar and guess what? Did it work? Yes! If you need all the help you can get to play faster, try this.
Sounds stupid I know, but ....

Tig
April 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Wow, that beats my nano pick engine invention I've been working on!

After a month of playing with a V-Pick, I'm now a convert. The thick, smoother than glass surface makes for an easy, quick release.

Commodore 64
April 19th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I can't even control a pick at regular speeds. Maybe someday I'll be able to try this mod.

Eric
April 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I can't even control a pick at regular speeds. Maybe someday I'll be able to try this mod.
I used to be in that exact spot. I played pick-less for a long time, then eventually decided I needed to learn how to use one. At first I was so incredibly ham-fisted it seemed hopeless. Now I can hardly play without a pick.

Brings back memories of the not-so-distant past...