PDA

View Full Version : Gotta see these fake virtual windows

Robert
April 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I WANT this!

So sweet, huh?

Waking up in the same place every morning is boring.

Vqu9NuINKbc

Tig
April 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Now that's my kind of high tech! Perfect for basements, too. Our cats would enjoy the fish!

I remember seeing how people who bought old underground missle silos would build fake window boxes and stick a light behind the curtains to provide the feeling of being in a normal house.

Spudman
April 19th, 2010, 02:45 PM
That was pretty cool and it's a build your own sort of deal. Neat.

It reminds me of a science fiction story I read a while ago about memory glass. It was a glass that would remember everything that happened forever and play it back wherever it was installed.

markb
April 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
It was looking great until 1:04. Then I began to have my doubts :)

mainestratman
April 19th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I remember seeing how people who bought old underground missle silos would build fake window boxes and stick a light behind the curtains to provide the feeling of being in a normal house.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1999_Blast_From_the_Past/christopher_walken_blast_from_the_past_001.jpg

:poke

poodlesrule
April 20th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Now that's my

Early commercial planes had no windows, and passengers would freak out after a while, so plane designers reluctantly added them in.

The addition of windows was, and still is a structural problem to some extent.

I had a tech school outing at the AĆ©rospatiale plant is Toulouze, France, once. Neat stuff, but looking at the actual load-bearing structure of a plane gets you thinking...

sunvalleylaw
April 20th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Didn't some 90s or so Scwharzenegger movie have something like that? I think it was set on Mars.

Robert
April 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Total Recall!

sunvalleylaw
April 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hmm, I do . . . recall that. ba, bump bump.

mrmudcat
April 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
cool

Tig
April 20th, 2010, 02:37 PM
It was looking great until 1:04. Then I began to have my doubts :)

Yep, having to wear that jumbo sensor around your neck does take the luster out of it.
Maybe just a great view without the virtual movement might be kinda cool.