PDA

View Full Version : Funky Slide Clip

Blaze
April 21st, 2010, 07:49 AM
Made few tracks last night on this BT , this one sounded good to my ears..

Moded for slide Peavy Falcon , Blackstar Ht5 , GGG late 60 s Fuzzface..on Audacity recording softw....

Youtube version on post bellow..

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9045464

mrmudcat
April 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Nice funky sliding brother:cool:

helliott
April 21st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Really greasy sound on this. Love it. It's my favourite slide tuning, but I don't get to use it in the band as it'd only work on a couple of songs and that's not enough to justify keeping an extra guitar tuned to G. No pick I assume? What was the guitar effect again? (edit ... oops, sorry just saw the fuzzface note. Nice overdrive) Very nice clip.

guitarhack
April 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Love the tone. Nice playing.

Jipes
April 21st, 2010, 02:40 PM
Made few tracks last night on this BT , this one sounded good to my ears..

Moded for slide Peavy Falcon , Blackstar Ht5 , GGG late 60 s Fuzzface..on Audacity recording softw....

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9045464

Really sound excellent for my ears Blaze, I like the touch of Southern style and some of the Landreth style of licks really great song :dude Your tone is nice and creamy

piebaldpython
April 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
Nice Blaze!! Nothing quite like the siren call of an overdriven slide guitar. :french

sumitomo
April 21st, 2010, 10:19 PM
Blaze almost missed this one WOW! Who opened the gate man,you keep getting better every time.Great I can't wait for the next one.Sumi:D

Blaze
April 22nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Blaze almost missed this one WOW! Who opened the gate man,you keep getting better every time.Great I can't wait for the next one.Sumi:D

Thanks guys for these nice comments..:dude

You know Sumi the first time i saw Johnny Winter alone on stage sittin on a stool,illuminated by a single followspot playin that slide,that was pure magic for me,it was the Quebec city concert in 1974..

I had played a little slide in few bands over the years but lately watchin clips of Derek Trucks and others talented players opened that gate to work on it again ..

Next time it will be either a lapstell or a slidish acoustic guitar clip,keep learning is the goal..

Blaze
April 22nd, 2010, 05:50 PM
A Youtube version as experiment on my first try with windows Movie Maker.

Fun tool ...

sZffefZbR4s

duhvoodooman
April 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
SUH-MOKIN'!! :AOK :dude :applause

Robert
April 22nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Wicked good, Blaze! I wish I could play slide like you.

jpfeifer
April 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Blaze,

This kicks butt! It sounds awesome. You're getting a fantastic tone and the intonation is spot on. Really nice. It reminds me of Sonny Landreth in the tone and overall feel. Very cool.

--Jim

Blaze
April 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks Duhv, Boss and jpfeifer, these comments encourage me to continue learning and work on it..

piebaldpython
April 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Nice slide show vid Blaze! Sounds more Johnny Winter than Landreth, which isn't a bad thing mind you......just more reminescent of JW's playing, that's all.

Hey, next vid you ought to put more info about your GEAR and what Open tuning yuo're playing in. The pics were nice but unless somebody's a total GEARHEAD, they wouldn't know that was a Peavey Falcon.

The tune was in the key of G but you didn't say the tuning you used IN the vid. Some might think you pulled a Warren Haynes-like move and played it in standard or possibly played it in Open D/E and just moved everything over by 1 string. lolol

deeaa
April 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM
Me digs too...perfect sound for the song/style!

Blaze
April 24th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Nice slide show vid Blaze! Sounds more Johnny Winter than Landreth, which isn't a bad thing mind you......just more reminescent of JW's playing, that's all.

Hey, next vid you ought to put more info about your GEAR and what Open tuning yuo're playing in. The pics were nice but unless somebody's a total GEARHEAD, they wouldn't know that was a Peavey Falcon.

The tune was in the key of G but you didn't say the tuning you used IN the vid. Some might think you pulled a Warren Haynes-like move and played it in standard or possibly played it in Open D/E and just moved everything over by 1 string. lolol

Thank you all again..

-piebald , you probably right ,i had Winter in mind doin this clip,i guess it shows a little..

The tune is in G and the guitar is in open G tuning ,very cool tuning ..

The guitar is a cheapo Peavy Falcon i had bought in the 80 s while doin some Fusion,Rock and 80 s stuff ..
Moded with Jackson active pick up ,it was a kind of back up guitar..

The Fuzz is a GGG late 60 s kit moded by my tech who installed germanium trans in addition to the stock silicon..
I can use either germ , or silicon or a mix of both wich is pretty cool..i ve made the jungle look finition..

Blackstar amph is on overdrive channel..just a little Od + the Fuzz pushing..

The small cabinet is an old not workin Roland 60 ..i took off the electronics and add this Eminence GreenBack12 Legend wich make the Blackstar sound big..This is a good combination for recording in a small room..

Cheers..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Slip%20Slide%20002a.jpg