PDA

View Full Version : Guitarforce Special Pricing to End May 1

Bloozcat
April 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Just a heads up to anyone who may be considering a set of these great humbucker pickups. Kevin Taylor, the creative genius behind Guitarforce pickups just announced that his special pricing will be ending on May 1, 2010 and that the prices will be rising.

Kevin has been offering his hand wound humbuckers to mylespaul.com members for only $125.00 a set (uncovered) for some time now. At that price they're a steal, but as with all good things that will end just over a week from today.

duhvoodooman
April 22nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
I just received my Guitarforce "Lord of the Blues" humbucker set yesterday (think quintessential "Beano" vintage LP tone). I won't have a chance to install them in my new Agile AL-3000 for a few days, but am really looking forward to hearing the tonal impact. Everything I've read says that they're just fantastic pickups. $125 for a set is a STEAL--the regular price is $110 each (still super-reasonable for hand-wound, boutique quality pickups), so this special pricing saves you nearly a Benjamin.

Bloozcat
April 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM
After not so careful deliberation, I decided that I'd better get another set of humbuckers from Kevin before the price goes up.

Sooo, I ordered a set of the Vintage 57's in double cream for my transparent cherry finish Ibanez AS-73. I thought this would be the right set to get that classic ES-335 semi-hollow blues and blues rock tone, but I thought I'd run it by Kevin along with a question about possibly the LOTB set with A-2 magnets as an alternative. Kevin replied that the Vintage 57's hit the nail on the head for the tone l'm looking for.

It'll take about three weeks to get them, and then the "fun" of fishing the wiring into the guitar through the F-holes when I install them. It wasn't so bad last time I did it, so it should be no worse this time around. I'm looking forward to not only hearing how they sound in the AS-73, but also having another, different PAF type humbucker tone.

Bloozcat
June 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
My double cream Guitarforce Vintage 57's arrived this past Saturday.

I'm putting these in my Ibanez AS-73 semi-hollow, so I'll have to pick a day to install them when I'm home alone, have ample time, and I'm feeling particularly patient...:)

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm putting these in my Ibanez AS-73 semi-hollow, so I'll have to pick a day to install them when I'm home alone, have ample time, and I'm feeling particularly patient....Man. ain't that the truth! Somebody needs to come up with a tonally neutral trap-door design to get at the wiring inside semi-hollows! Pulling everything out through the F-holes is such a screaming PITA....