April 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Go hug a tree or something.

:AOK

mainestratman
April 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Already did.

sunvalleylaw
April 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
I just watched a long program on the history of Earth day (an American Experience episode http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/earthdays/ ) which was quite interesting. It featured interviews with and discussions of about 5 or 6 of the main movers and shakers of the beginning of that movement. We have come a long ways, but have a long ways to go world wide. Let's go plant a tree, and go somewhere on your bike or on foot today instead of by car. :AOK

Robert
April 22nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Happy Earth Day!

I went for a run. :)

Tig
April 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

ys2NKTCE4pg

mainestratman
April 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
http://jonnyblues.com/img/rainbow.jpg

I saw this on my way home from school this evening. You could see it from all the way in Presque Isle, to where it ended in Mars Hill, about 15 miles. I do say "ended" because it literally ended in a field in front of Big Rock Mountain (aka. Mars Hill), completely engulfing a medium-sized farm house.

The picture does it no justice. This thing (especially from only half a mile away or so) was as bright as a neon sign.. and HUGE... and a double, no less.

After a long and emotionally-trying day of learning how to resuscitate newborns, this incredible display of nature's beauty couldn't have been more perfect. Especially on Earth Day.

:beer:

Tig
April 22nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
The picture does it no justice. This thing (especially from only half a mile away or so) was as bright as a neon sign.. and HUGE... and a double, no less.

Awsome, eh? I know what you mean, as in no photo could do it justice. One of those you had to be there moments.

I haven't worked fire/EMS in about a dozen years, but know how painful and stressful it can be. I prevented burnout by connecting to a few patients each day, especially the elderly. Sometimes just knowing that you really care about them can make their day, considering you may be the only person who actually listened to them the whole day (sad). Making a special bond to another soul, even for a few minutes, can make it all worth it.

mainestratman
April 22nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks Tig.