PDA

View Full Version : Bret Michaels in critical condition

Spudman
April 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Bret Michaels hospitalized with brain hemorrhage

Michaels in 2008. (AP)
People.com is reporting that "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant, reality TV staple and former Poison frontman Bret Michaels was rushed to the ICU Thursday night after experiencing an "excruciating headache."

Doctors discovered Michaels had suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding at the base of his brain stem) and he is currently in critical condition:

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," a source told People.com.

Michaels, a diabetic, underwent an emergency appendectomy on April 12, but told fans in an April 19 note that his recovery was going well. No word yet as to whether the hemorrhage is related to his previous surgery.

By Liz Kelly | April 23, 2010; 5:09 PM ET

Tig
April 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
While I'm not a fan, I sure wouldn't wish that on him or anyone. The prognosis is very poor, I'm afraid.

msteeln
April 23rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
There's some real hope - http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637737/20100423/bret_michaels.jhtml