PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar Shop in town!

sumitomo
April 25th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I told a few people but,We have a long overdue guitar shop here in Bend Or.,Called Sunday Guitar and there will be workshops,lessons and once a month a performer to play at the shop,I went to see Ron Diller,very impressed (sorry no youtubes)He does have a web page and I really enjoyed his playing.Nothing like a new family style shop where you can pick up a guitar to try it out and you don't have to feel guilty about it.Sumi:D:happy :applause

Commodore 64
April 26th, 2010, 05:01 AM
braggart.

sumitomo
April 26th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Oh Commodore 64 Where's the Love?Where's the Love brother?Sumi:D

Commodore 64
April 26th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I'm lucky to have 2 pretty decent mom and pop shops within 5 miles of home, and a GC within 2 miles of work.

I take my lessons at one of the mom and pop places. That guy LOVES Samick guitars. He's a little quirky, but very nice.

bigG
April 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Great news, sumi! Now, be sure to support that mom n pop store at every chance. I ALWAYS do. I don't want 'em to disappear, and the personal service and appreciation is irreplacable! We have two local m 'n' p shops here, and I'm considered family by both! Priceless!

(And this goes for any mom n pop store in any business. They're disappearing faster than the mega-marts can be built. I try to stop the onrush of big-box stores in any way I can. I hope all of you will, too! There's nothing like that personal love and knowledge of the products they sell...and being greeted with a smiley "Hello G!" every time I walk in, even if just to chat and hang out. No minimum wage pizza-faced kids who couldn't care less...about you or what they're selling. Nothing beats the love of a mom n pop store! AND, EVERYTHING is not all about "who's the least expensive!" Mom n pops try, and often match, or come close to, large chain pricing, and I don't mind paying a little extra + tax for that old-time country store feel and comraderie.)

G

Eric
April 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
(And this goes for any mom n pop store in any business. They're disappearing faster than the mega-marts can be built. I try to stop the onrush of big-box stores in any way I can. I hope all of you will, too! There's nothing like that personal love and knowledge of the products they sell...and being greeted with a smiley "Hello G!" every time I walk in, even if just to chat and hang out. No minimum wage pizza-faced kids who couldn't care less...about you or what they're selling. Nothing beats the love of a mom n pop store! AND, EVERYTHING is not all about "who's the least expensive!" Mom n pops try, and often match, or come close to, large chain pricing, and I don't mind paying a little extra + tax for that old-time country store feel and comraderie.)
Interesting. The local places I've been to around here are either overpriced and snobby (the kinda famous local place) or have just complete and utter a-holes working the counter.

I think I should try to find something a little better.

guitarhack
April 26th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I really like our local guitar shop. Friendly people who know me, plus a Saturday jam session, and much more. Super nice since, the nearest GC or other full service store is at least an hour's drive from my home.