PDA

View Full Version : Rabid BS Noodling

Robert
April 26th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Using my Suhr Classic, Line 6 Spider Valve Mk II and a Rabid Rodent.(www.duhvoodooman.com)

How do you like that black/white video effect?

How's the guitar tone?

0-V99W-hVnU

helliott
April 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Nice tone and playing. Especially liked the sound when you browned out a bit shortly after bringing in the rodent.
What's the cabinet-looking thing on top of your amp?
Also, do you find modelling amps can cut through a band sound well enough? I could never get mine to, but it might have been because it's an original Line Six Flextone.

Robert
April 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks man. Browned out? What's that mean, I crapped my pants? :D

That little cabinet is from www.mackamps.com - a little 10 incher that sounds swell.

Yes, it cuts like knife. This thing is quite different from the Flex stuff - this one has tubes in both preamp section and power amp section.

Tone2TheBone
April 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Love the zombie black and white video mode! The RR pedal makes a great lead sound. I like that fuzzy mid tone. I'm trying to catch up with all the new toys you've got. Great video Robby!

duhvoodooman
April 27th, 2010, 10:13 AM
How do you like that black/white video effect?

How's the guitar tone?
Sounds REALLY good, RR! You are really getting this video recording thing down pat. Your vids look & sound better than 99% of what I see on YouTube, no exaggeration. The B&W effect on this one is pretty cool, too. Of course, the best thing about it is that amazing distortion pedal.... ;) :D

...I'm trying to catch up with all the new toys you've got. Great video Robby!
'Bout time you dragged your a** back in here, Robin Hood! :poke ;)

bigG
April 27th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Looks and sounds great, Boss! When you kick that RR in, it is eerily close to a 1967-ish Jimi Hendrix into a Fuzz Face into a Marshall stack tone! Fantastic! :applause

Robert
April 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks Gents. I thought it sounded good too, good enough to share the video at least!

I am really digging that "towards-fuzz" tone, which can be had in several ways without actually using a real fuzz pedal. I've been listening to lots of old Deep Purple lately, and Blackmore had that kind of fuzzy tone going for a lot of the work he did. Yummy.

Spudman
April 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Hey man, I can't see your veins in black and white. Otherwise, it looks cool but you need more front lighting.

Your guitar sounds wild like it's about ready to come apart after you kick in the RR. Kind of like you have to play frantically in order to keep the guitar from exploding. :dude

Katastrophe
April 27th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I like it! Sounds great, Robert.

That Suhr has the coolest sounding single coils.

piebaldpython
April 27th, 2010, 09:53 PM
+1 on what bigG had to say about th "almost fuzz" tone. Which setting did you have the RR on for that one?

Robert
April 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM
RR:
Mutate: position 4
Volume: 11 o'clock
Filter: 1 o'clock
Distortion: 2 o'clock.

marnold
April 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Actually, it's always been that "almost fuzz" tone of the Rat that I never really liked. I like fuzz. I like hard-rock distortion. But I prefer one or the other.