PDA

View Full Version : hello all, I'm carp3nt3r .

carp3nt3r
October 3rd, 2006, 10:06 PM
I am happy to have found robert's site and this forum and I feel fortunate that I was allowed to join. I am a beginner to guitar to some degree, as I fumbled around with it a bit in my younger days and have recently decided to pick it up and try some more.
I have a cheepie guitar and amp for now and dont look for that to change much anytime soon. I enjoy some of all kinds of music except i really cannot tolerate hearing the headbanging metal.
I have many hobbies and interests, hunt fish brew snorkel electronics .
I am the proud father of 3 sons, ages 18 14 and 9. I am a very capable carpenter/remodeler .
I am most impressed with the music of stevie ray vaughan , hendrix,george thorogood, clapton,mark knoffler, ventures, zztop,van halen, and more.
I am sorry if some of you drifted off to sleep while reading about my exciting life, i will try to keep things a little shorter in the future. if ive left out anything important ,be sure to ask me. i am looking forward to reading the posts on this forum, carp3nt3r. :)

SuperSwede
October 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Welcome Carp3nt3r.... everyone is welcome here at the fret net! I might ask you a few carpenter questions, since I am planning to renovate the kitchen ;)

Spudman
October 3rd, 2006, 10:48 PM
Welcome Carp. (hope you don't mind but it's easy to type. Nothing personal) :D

Carpenters that can brew snorkel electronics are certainly welcome around here.:D :confused:

I know you are going to get it sooner or later...but...lets see some carpentry pics. Man it looks like you got your hands full with those young boys too.

duhvoodooman
October 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Welcome, carp3nt3r! There's something for players of all skill levels here, and lots of experienced, talented guys to learn from. That's a good list of "idol" guitarists you mentioned, esp. that first one! :DR

ted s
October 4th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Welcome Carp the fish hunter, I too found this forum after a long time away from playing. Your music of choice is excellent.

tot_Ou_tard
October 4th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Welcome Carp the fish hunter.

Carpenters that can brew snorkel electronics are certainly welcome around here.:D :confused:

Man! You two are too quick for me...mumble, stealing my quips...mumble....

Welcome Carpenter; I am the Walrus.

Goo goo ga joob!

Nelskie
October 4th, 2006, 05:59 AM
*singing* If I were a carpenter . . .

Sadly, I'm not - but the welcome still stands. Glad to have you and your tool belt aboart here at FN. Also glad to see that someone else is into surf music, too. Gotta' love Nokie Edwards and those fabulous Ventures.

warren0728
October 4th, 2006, 06:38 AM
welcome...i think you will like it here....

Carpe Diem.... ;)

ww

Robert
October 4th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Welcome Carpenter, I bet you could make some great speaker cabinets!

We are glad you joined us, and yes the Ventures were a cool band. I saw Nokie Edwards here live a couple of years ago, with Albert Lee and Johnny Hiland. Man, what a tone that guy had!

carp3nt3r
October 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Thank you all for a warm welcome and thank you to robert for his website with the video lessons, it provides confidence building within learning the riffs.
keep up the good work robert !! I for one will be checking there daily. I am glad to see SRV finally getting the acclaims he deserved for so long, although a lot of tunes he did were not original compositions, he didnt do them like anyone else. He was pure talent. As to pictures of my work, ill post a few here and there-and free advice for folks interested in doing it themselves and saving a buck or two, if i can help you i will. btw, my list of musicians i admire is not even close to complete, there are lots more that i enjoy.
Thanks for making a ol' carp3nt3tr feel welcome . carp3nt3r.

p.s. yes i do know all the magic carpenter words.i will refrain from that here tho. :)

zeusse
October 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM
welcome carpenter I just joined too looks like a bunch of good people here:)

warren0728
October 5th, 2006, 07:57 AM
looks like a bunch of good people here

looks can be deceiving :D

just kidding...this is a great forum....i think you will like it here...

ww

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 5th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Welcome Carp friendly group here , look foreward to reading your posts ... 6S9L