PDA

View Full Version : MySpace etc....passwords, whatnot

deeaa
May 1st, 2010, 06:41 AM
How do you guys manage all them different MySpace etc. accounts?

I find it extremely difficult and time-consuming and all that. I have, I think, something like four MySpace pages and some others, Soundclick, Broadjam, I forget what else...and Ning, Facebook...and I really can't seem to keep track of what email addresses I have used for what account and what passwords...hell I tend to even forget what accounts I have where! And whenever I get like, MySpace admin emails, friend requests etc. they don't say WHICH MySpace account they mean, and when I try to login to read the messages I need to go thru all my accounts, which I can't remember anyway...

How is it that people juggle with their media and new songs and such?

I mean, OK, I pretty much daily upload some new song, song ideas or song parts to my private web server, or my friend's similar one, or send some vocal tracks etc. to third band's mixer dude...and I try to now and then update even some of my band www-pages, plus other of my www pages...but it just gets to be WAY too much. I end up with band members complaining I haven't updated the www pages, or having too old songs up there, or whatever.

Also the arranging of songs and such...I seem to have well over a hundred of my songs on my server alone...probably 30-40 or so in iTunes or whatever, but I don't know or remember where, and in fact I haven't ever given iTunes my account info either, in case some songs might be sold some day...but I forget how to access those too! Not to mention I should be sending ASCAP song infos, lenghts and names and contributing artists etc..and even one song is such a bore to report I just don't have the time. And then that service also needs its own passwords and logins and member numbers and all that crap.

Add to all that my work-related logins, secure access, sotware I use daily, all kinds of database and such programs I need for my work, and I'm totally at loss with passwords and emails and such.

I tried once keeping a master list of those, but then again I may use my programs from any of my three computers or two pocket PC's, or any machine at work basically, and the upkeep of the list became just too difficult to handle - where to keep it and how to update etc...it seemed soon more work to keep that updated than just relying on browsers remembering the passwords.

AAARRRGHH! I would need a damned secretary meself to help me sort things out...and to top it all of I AM also a secretary for a local shooting club, which reminds me I need to update their WWW pages asap now that season is starting...wheeeeeeezzzzzz...

Spudman
May 1st, 2010, 08:33 AM
For remembering how to get into each account - I always send myself an email with that information as soon as I open the account. I then put that in a special "passwords" folder in my email software.

marnold
May 1st, 2010, 08:49 AM
I've got a separate email account that is for nothing but registering for forums, buying online, etc. That eliminates part of the problem.

deeaa
May 1st, 2010, 09:19 AM
For remembering how to get into each account - I always send myself an email with that information as soon as I open the account. I then put that in a special "passwords" folder in my email software.

That's a good idea. I do tend to keep the emails I get from the sites, use search to find 'em, but it's been getting hard...making a folder for them should work well.

deeaa
May 1st, 2010, 09:21 AM
I've got a separate email account that is for nothing but registering for forums, buying online, etc. That eliminates part of the problem.

Ayh, I do that too...but for instance MySpace needs a different email for each account. Some sites even require more info which cannot be the same as the other account, such as real address etc. Annoying.

Jimi75
May 1st, 2010, 09:39 AM

The same do I. Got my password folder.