PDA

View Full Version : Gibson's And Cool! They Just Go Together!!

yeti66
May 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hello All, Gibson and cool people, here's a story about 1 of em, its one nasty day here in denver today very, very wet! rain, sleet, and snow!! "its ok it'll probably be 60-70 tomorrow!" anyway that leads me to my post, I went out to a customers house to put a windshield in his bmw, he had pulled it in his garage the night before so it would be nice and dry being that yesterday was about the same as today, very cool!

As I'm working on it he asks if I like some coffee or water? I said no and thanked him then he proceeded to sit back and watch and talk to me as I did my thing, as we talked I noticed an old and pretty beat up gibson guitar case on his work bench.

Sparking my interest I of course asked him about it and he told me how he wanted to rebuild it because he had been playing for years and still had every guitar and case he'd ever bought or been givin and that gibson didn't build cases like they did in the 50's and 60's.

He then asked if I played, I said yes but not very well, he laughed! After the job was done he invited me in to finish the paperwork and then asked if I'd like to see his little home studio? "once again very cool" as I entered all I could think was WOW! he had everything!!

but what sparked me the most was his guitars! OMG mostly a gibson guy, but he also had a beautiful strat and a tokia! as I'm looking at them he picks up one of his les pauls and asks me if I'd ever seen or played one of these, he starts to hand it over to me and tells me its an original 58 sunburst it was diffidently used but still gorgeous!!

He said he got it brand new in 59 as a graduation present, I could not believe that I was holding this guitar! WOW the weight!! I strummed a few cords and handed it very carefully back to him and thanked him for the great privilege and mentioned that I couldn't believe he'd let me hold and play it? he looked at me and said "guitars are meant to be played"

Like I said a VERY COOL GIBSON GUY!!!!

Tig
May 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
Great story, and a really cool guy.

Spudman
May 2nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
What's his address again? I trust he had a large dog?