PDA

View Full Version : Ice Tea Burst On His Way ..

Blaze
May 3rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
A new baby is comin ..(Cancel)!!!!!

Other pics to come..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Teaburst%20LPS.jpg

Jimi75
May 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Any further info? Specs, etc.?

:poke

Blaze
May 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
Slim-C profile neck , rosewood fretboard..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Teaburst%20LPS%202.jpg

ZMAN
May 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Interesting. Plain top, looks like aged hardware. What have we got here?
Very nice colour, and I just love those plain tops.
Do we have to guess or will you tell us?

Blaze
May 3rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Interesting. Plain top, looks like aged hardware. What have we got here?
Very nice colour, and I just love those plain tops.
Do we have to guess or will you tell us?

Can guess for fun till i receive it ...should be early next week or so..

You re pretty accurate for now Z..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Teaburst%20LPS3.jpg

NWBasser
May 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
That, to me, is one beautiful guitar!

I'm usually one who chooses function over form and like Les Pauls for the tone and sustain, but that one is also eye-popping sweetness.:drool

If it sounds even half as good as it looks, that will be one awesome stick.

Should I ever be in the position to pick up a real Gibson, I think I'd go for that finish!

FrankenFretter
May 3rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Nice. If you need anyone to try it out for you and sneak it past customs, let me know. I know a guy.

Seriously, that looks sweet. Are you going to give us any more clues?

syo
May 4th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Greco? Tokai?
(clue?)

Jimi75
May 4th, 2010, 02:21 AM
The body seems a little bit thinner than usual (could be imagination), the binding has a strong "yellow" touch, this reminds me of my old ESP LP (excellent guitar by the way), but the aged parts and knobs look more like on an Edwards or Tokai LP.

Definitely a beautiful guitar.

Brian Krashpad
May 4th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Whatever it is, it looks great. Burst looks darker than teabursts I've seen in photos. Congrats.

Eric
May 4th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I'll say either Greco or Orville...

Blaze
May 4th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Greco? Tokai?
(clue?)

Who else than Syo, a guy from Japan to guess right ,also congrats to Eric and Jimi you had the idea ..

This is a 80'S Greco EG 59-50 from the Mint collection serie..Could be the best period for Japan Gibson Replica ,specially in 1980 with the Super Real collection..

This one is a 1984 ,2 friends of mine have Greco and Orville from this period and these guits are simply awesome lookin and playin..

Here s a diaporama
http://imageevent.com/chingo123/april2010/grecoeg5950teaburstlps5098?p=0&n=1&m=-1&c=4&w=4&b=0&s=0&z=2&l=5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco_guitars

Geraint Jones
May 4th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Great looking guitar Blaze, and in good nick to, should go well with your Tele .

Jimi75
May 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM
The 80's Grecos are absolutely awesome guitars, but I heard there were some heavy motherf******* built in that period, too. Heard of folks stating their Grecos with 11lbs. Hopefully, yours is not so heavy.

Congrats Blaze on this great purchase!
Will you let us hear that guitar and post some clips? I hope so :happy

:applause

Tig
May 4th, 2010, 07:32 AM
We should have known by the thread title, "Ice Tea Burst On His Way"...
Everyone knows you can't refer to a Greco as a she! :nope

Can't wait to see more. I love Ice Tea LP's.

syo
May 4th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Who else than Syo, a guy from Japan to guess right

And my special prize package is?
Let me guess...

Congrats Blaze. That's a beautiful guitar and in pretty good nick too for 25 years old.

Blaze
May 4th, 2010, 07:59 AM
And my special prize package is?
Let me guess...

Let see ?

First Ice Tea audio clip will be at your name..

How s that ..

syo
May 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Let see ?

First Ice Tea audio clip will be at your name..

How s that ..

Fair enough. Looking forward to it!

MAXIFUNK
May 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Congrats Nice axe!

ZMAN
May 6th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Excellent looking LP Blaze. Very nice condition. Any idea what those pickups are? That fret board looks really nice and dark, is it ebony?
Where did you find it. It is amazing that they got away with the headstock shape. Probably one of the "lawsuit" LPs.
26 years old. Wow that can be consider "vintage".
I was looking at a similar looking one on Kiijijji but it was a Tokai.
Excellent score!

Blaze
May 6th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Excellent looking LP Blaze. Very nice condition. Any idea what those pickups are? That fret board looks really nice and dark, is it ebony?
Where did you find it. It is amazing that they got away with the headstock shape. Probably one of the "lawsuit" LPs.
26 years old. Wow that can be consider "vintage".
I was looking at a similar looking one on Kiijijji but it was a Tokai.
Excellent score!

Tx Z , pick up are made by Maxon ,fretboard is rosewood..
In fact this model is not the high end model,the 1979-81 Super Real serie are the one to look for more expensive but there are some on Ebay,like this one ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-Greco-EGF-1800-Super-Real-/160430044406?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item255a6034f6

Here s one for you , hi! hi! kiddin...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRECO-1991-LP-Rare-Gold-Top-w-Gibson-HSC-JAPAN-/370340442396?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item563a02b11c

mrmudcat
May 7th, 2010, 12:44 AM
cool

Commodore 64
May 7th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I read the thread title and thought the Rapper Ice T exploded on his way to work or something.

M29
May 7th, 2010, 05:26 AM
That is sweet Blaze, that is sweet!

ZMAN
May 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Tx Z , pick up are made by Maxon ,fretboard is rosewood..
In fact this model is not the high end model,the 1979-81 Super Real serie are the one to look for more expensive but there are some on Ebay,like this one ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-Greco-EGF-1800-Super-Real-/160430044406?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item255a6034f6

Here s one for you , hi! hi! kiddin...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRECO-1991-LP-Rare-Gold-Top-w-Gibson-HSC-JAPAN-/370340442396?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item563a02b11c
The HC burst Greco is over the top in price. They might be nice guitars but wow. The Goldie does look good. Did you buy from Ishibashi? I have heard some good things from them. Pretty quick turnaround as well.
You will have to update us, when it arrives.

Blaze
May 7th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I read the thread title and thought the Rapper Ice T exploded on his way to work or something.

Sorry for the tittle , the frenchie guy that i m doesn t have a top notch english..
I should ve write ''her'' ,talkin about a guitar here..
Hey ! I m not gay..:crazyguy.

The HC burst Greco is over the top in price. They might be nice guitars but wow. The Goldie does look good. Did you buy from Ishibashi? I have heard some good things from them. Pretty quick turnaround as well.
You will have to update us, when it arrives.

There are few HC on the net but depends on the model they can go from $600 to $3,000 + ..
The guy from who i bought the guitar is a Kiwi who lives in Tokyo,i won t recommend him ,havent received the guitar yet..
I have a list of 5 or 6 Ebay Japan guitar stores if someone wants to have a look..

I m in contact with a guy that have Burstbucker pu s to sell ,so if it needs a little moding ,i might go for it..

I ll keep you update ..

Blaze
May 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Well a very disappointed Blaze makin an update on his beautiful Ice tea LP..

Here s what iv received from the seller ..

Hi Blaze

well what should have been one of many straight forward transactions has become a bit of a saga... So after the public holiday we went to dispatch the guiatr on the Thursday and couldn't find it... discovered it had been sent previously in error to a customer in Slovakia who realised the mix-up upon delivery on Thursday night. So it was discussed and agreed he would on-ship it to you by EMS on the Friday at which time we would also ship the original item he had purchased. No problem until he refused to supply a tracking number and has now refused to send the item effectively stealing it from us.
This leaves me in the position where i have no alternative but to refund your paypal payment which has been processed back to you and sincerely apologize for all the mucking about. Normally i would have just dispatched the item the following business day and sent the tracking number - nice and simple - but this one wasn't to be.

Again sorry for any inconvenience and have a great day.

cheers
dm
================================================== =======

True or not , at least ive been paid back ..

Could it be the Murphy irish blood part of me that had been struck by the Murphy law..

So this love story with her was not meant to be...:cry:

MAXIFUNK
May 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Blaze that sucks big time sorry man.

otaypanky
May 13th, 2010, 08:28 AM
--- wasn't meant to be. It may just mean that something sweeter is coming your way. When I was getting ready to move a few years back I was selling off a bunch of gear. I ended up sending a guitar across the country to the wrong person. What a screw up. Sounds like what happened here. I got lucky and somehow was able to get it to the right person, but it took an extra week or more. But sh*t happens ~
I hope you find one you like better

duhvoodooman
May 13th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Well, that certainly STINKS! Condolences, my man....

marnold
May 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear that Blaze. It probably was one of the recalled/carcinogenic ones too. While it's good you are being refunded I'd have to wonder about a seller who doesn't know what he's shipping and to whom.

ZMAN
May 13th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Blaze: I just saw the thread. Can you tell us who you were buying from. If you don't wan't to divulge the name, can you tell us what source it was like Ebay, Craigslist, Kijiji?
But I can tell you that is one excuse that couldn't have been made up. LOL

duhvoodooman
May 13th, 2010, 01:18 PM
But I can tell you that is one excuse that couldn't have been made up. LOL
Which I suppose is worth something, if you take a measure of comfort in knowing that you were dealing with an incompetent boob rather than a crook. At least you got your money back....

Blaze
May 13th, 2010, 02:03 PM
The guy is an Ebay seller that has over 2500 transactions since september 03 ..

390 positive ,1 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months..

Nothing much to say here than bad timing for me..

Ah well ,i ll find something else in the futur i guess.. No hurry..

marnold
May 13th, 2010, 02:30 PM
The guy is an Ebay seller that has over 2500 transactions since september 03 ..

390 positive ,1 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months..

Nothing much to say here than bad timing for me..

Ah well ,i ll find something else in the futur i guess.. No hurry..
With that, then yeah, it seems like bad timing. As I said though, another opportunity will present itself.

syo
May 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Blaze, so sorry to hear that your guitar made it to Slovakia and not Quebec.

Must say that DM's attitude is more than a little annoying:

"but this one wasn't to be". (easy for him to say)

"Again sorry for any inconvenience and have a great day". (ANY inconvenience?! Of course it is!)

Pehaps I've been in Japan too long but when someone does something like that over here they usually take the sword or at least bow much lower than this guy. Something like: m(_ _)m

I'm sure you'll find something you love and hopefully soon (and cheaper!).

Robert
May 18th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Ahh, shucks. Well, you got your money back, and I'm sure you'll find a nice one further down the road at some point in time. Happy Hunting!

FrankenFretter
May 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Wow, Blaze...that totally blows! I'm so sorry that you had to be on the receiving end of such a debacle. Better luck with your next purchase!