PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Poundcake

zeusse
October 5th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I was doing a renovation job in my bathroom and was drilling some holes and thought where have I heard that before..lol So after pounding some nails and a few beers we gave this one ago. I didn't intend for the solo to be note for note I just wanted to play with my drill some more..hehe

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/8643/PoundcakeVanHalen.mp3

if this link don't work I can upload here or give you another link

Spudman
October 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Nice. You did that after beers? Man I gotta try that sometime.;)

You even play like Zeus. Nice and heavy. I likey.:)

Almost forgot...what did you play that through?

zeusse
October 5th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Almost everything I do is after or during my beer sessions..haha But on this track I'm using the Wolfgang(only makes sense ya think)..and plugged into the GNX4 and direct usb to the computer,oh yeah and one Ryobi cordless drill..lol. After bangin nails all afternoon I couldn't get motivated enough to mic through on of the amps..still tweaking the VH tone but seems to sound better mic'd through the Line 6....Glad you liked it kinda rough I thought, might redo it amped.

ted s
October 6th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Nice, must be good, makes me want to drive fast.

SuperSwede
October 6th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Zeusse, you forgot to mention what beer it was. Nice recording!

Katastrophe
October 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm listening as I type this. Flippin' SWEET, man! Tone sounds huge through my little computer speakers. Jeez, I gotta practice. You even managed to get the drill to be in key. Awesome, just awesome!

Note To Self:never jam with Zeusse after he's had a few. It would put me to shame, and I'd hate to have to turn my guitars into firewood.

ted s
October 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Zuesse, I listened to that again, awsome ! what did you mix it with ? What about the back track, you build that too ? Very cool.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 6th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Zeuss , I'm definitely diggin the shit outta that..6S9L

zeusse
October 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM
To answer your question SuperSwede dipped into some Canadian beer Moosehead only 8or9 I think..darn I can't remember. And Ted S to answer yours I mixed that with Pro Tracks Plus and got the backer from bt forums...get most of my backers from there. And to get the drill in key as close as I could had to throw it in reverse, in forward it was way to high probably a high C...LOL...Thanks for listening folks I got more crazy stuff to post I'm really a nutcase you might be sorry you let me in here:D