PDA

View Full Version : Crate CPB150 PowerBlock?

M29
October 5th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hello All,

I was eyeing up one of the Crate CPB150 PowerBlocks for $99.00 and wondered what you guys thought of theses amps?
What I am looking for is a lightweight amp like this that I can go jam (fairly loud) with friends. My Vox ad50vt may not be up to the task and I thought one of these might do the trick.
I have a bad back from a bunch of surgeries and this looks like it might do well for me. I am not all that concerned about the sound, I am not real fussy at this stage in my life and I am very happy with the sound of my Vox, but I have heard reliabilty issues with these, could you give me some input on this amp? Are they trying to dump these? Are they going to be discontinued...etc.

Thank you for your time and help.

M29

Tone2TheBone
October 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I've heard they make a great backup amp AND also a bass amp. I heard some sound files off of it the other day and it didn't sound too bad. Might be cool to pick one up.

M29
October 5th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks Tone, ya can't beat the price.

M29

Tone2TheBone
October 5th, 2006, 09:52 AM
You're welcome. :) I agree. If you get one let me know how you like it.

Tone2TheBone
October 5th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Hey M29, I tried one out at Guitar Center during lunch today. They sound pretty good through a 4x12 cab. Solid tone. Its a Stereo unit too I didn't know. They also had them for $99 (they are affiliated with Musiciansfriend I guess?).

Spudman
October 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I just got mine today and will hook it up an play it shortly here. I may be gone for the weekend but I'll try to leave something before I split.

Spudman
October 5th, 2006, 03:10 PM
OK. Just playing it for a while now...

Ibanez SA220 > Power Block > Lopoline 1x12 closed back cabinet with Celestion 30 watt speaker.

Tone controls are very responsive. They work well so no problems dialing in great sound. The bass really adds a lot of bass. This would work great for jazz stuff.

Clean head room. Not a lot. This is what most other reviewers have said too. Without being clean this amp gets pretty loud!

Touch response. Very comfortable. No struggles and guitar cleans up nicely when it's volume is rolled off. It's not class A but it still sounds pretty good.

Grit, growl and whoop ***. Plenty of it. It's got a real good classic overdrive grind sound going on. Scooping the mids works well yet retains some Marshall like crunch.

For the price of a good stomp box I now have my first solid state amp. Great back up amp, around the house amp. It's quiet too. I wouldn't hesitate to gig with it but I'd want at least a 2x12 cabinet. It's stereo and runs cool to the touch too.

I almost forgot...no tube rattle.:D

Spudman
October 22nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
I went to Guitar Center this weekend in another state and they had the Power Block hooked up to a Crate 4x12 cabinet. All I have to say is "OH MY GOSH!" What a difference. It was scary good. Sounds like a loud gritty classic amph. Plenty of volume and it was only run in mono. You would need a pedal of some sort for metal. But this thing sounded HUGE.

For $100 it's a way better value than the Valve Jr. because you can actually use it to gig with and the sound is very consistent and pleasant. No reverb though, but then the Jr. doesn't have it either.

I've been enjoying mine (pretty much the only amph I've played since I got it) through a 1x12 cabinet. The bigger 4x12 makes this a serious machine for sure. I have a 2x12 coming soon so I'll know if that extra cabinet size and extra speaker makes a difference.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 25th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Played one today , through a 4-12 marshall cab ...big sound , not bad at all and trmendous for the money ...anyone try one through a 15" ..

Plank_Spanker
October 25th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Does it have an FX loop?

Spudman
October 25th, 2006, 04:04 PM
CPB150 Crate PowerBlock™
http://www.crateamps.com/product/PowerBlock/images/CPB150_panel.gif

Plank_Spanker
October 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Might have to score one of those...........:D

Spudman
October 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
A back up amp that you can stash under your car seat. How cool is that! Or...an amp your girlfriend can carry. ;)

Plank_Spanker
October 25th, 2006, 05:38 PM
A back up amp that you can stash under your car seat. How cool is that! Or...an amp your girlfriend can carry. ;)

My thoughts, exactly..............:)

Robert
October 25th, 2006, 06:28 PM
So you think it's better value than the Epi Valve Jr?

Spudman
October 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
So you think it's better value than the Epi Valve Jr?

From a functional point of view, most definitely yes.

As with both amphs you need a speaker cabinet, so in both cases you would have your hands full...except the PB comes stock with a shoulder strap carry case. I can't see taking the Jr. to a gig or jam and expecting it to function at those levels either. The PB has power to spare for that.

Nelskie
October 26th, 2006, 07:16 AM
For $100 it's a way better value than the Valve Jr. because you can actually use it to gig with and the sound is very consistent and pleasant.
I thought I might chime in on this . . .

First off, the Power Block is a really cool piece of gear, with power to burn. I played one at my buddy's shop when they first came out, and was pretty impressed. Good tone, albeit not all-tube tone, and very flexible as far as usage situations are concerned. Loud as all get-out, too.

On the other side of the fence, the Valve Jr. head is a great piece of gear as well. It may not offer the stand-alone volume parameters of the PB, but don't think for a second that this little rig doesn't get loud. It does. If you read the Valve Jr. head reviews at Harmony Central, there are a ton of guys running these things with 2x12 and 4x12 cabs with sparkling results. From a gigging standpoint, it might be a challenge getting the Jr. above the drums / mix - - but nothing that a Shure SM-57 and a good soundman couldn't have under control in a handful of minutes. Again - it all depends on the gig, the volume of the mix, and of course, whether or not you'd want to push this little rig at max volume for two plus hours. Personally, I haven't done it, so I can't comment on it. Would I be afraid to? Hell no!

The Power Block also has the edge in the overdrive dept. - which would be a plus for players who prefer hard rock / metal musical styles - let's say, for example, Queensryche. On the other side of the coin, the Valve Jr., as most already know, is all about vintage, old school tone. Overdrive is achieved the old-fashioned way - i.e. saturating the power tube, which yields that magically delicious tone that guitar players everywhere love and covet. Lining up your favorite distortion pedal in front of it (all Epi Valve series amps seem to love pedals!) will also help drive the tubes, which in turn, will allow you to get that creamy tube OD at a lower volume levels. One way or another, you'll find a way to get there, and when you do - - you'll be "amp"-ly rewarded.

Other than gig-able volume, the Jr.'s shortcomings are few, if any. All-tube Class "A" design, multiple cab outs, cool retro aesthetics, and a high degree of mod-ability, the Valve Jr. head is a total steal at $99. For players looking for their first tube amp, it's a total no-brainer.

Both the Power Block and the Valve Jr. Head are trememdous values, and both have many positives. Tailoring the already awesome tones of each with a good quailty cab / speaker combo will allow you to push your sound in whatever direction you want. Whatever route you decide to go, there will be tons of quality, usable tones at your command.

You say tomatoe, I say tomato . . . ;)

Justaguyin_nc
October 26th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Hello All,

I was eyeing up one of the Crate CPB150 PowerBlocks for $99.00 and wondered what you guys thought of theses amps?

M29

They are back to $199.00... at MF :( Wait..I found them at http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-CRACPB150?source=froogle at $99.00 plus shipping.. got a feeling they will be going back to $199.00 everyplace soon! Umm I just hit buy it now... I want it to sit on my desktop plugged straight to computer using my pedals only... hope its as tiny as I think it is...:)

Justaguyin_nc
October 26th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I actually was looking for more advise here before purchasing.. it gets pretty good reviews at Harmony and I wanted it mainly for it's size in travel... and seeing it was not actually a negative review here.. it's in the mail now... I don't think the Valve Jr will go up in price soon.. or jump that much anyways.. hard to pass up a 50% savings if your looking for a small powerhouse with this many features..

Spudman
October 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Simple solution...one of each.

Nelskie's right. They are both great for what they are. However, if I had a cabinet and no amph I could go to work right away with the Power Block. No mods, no tube changes and could run it cranked all night without tubes going on the fritz. Plus I get a cab simulated XLR out to the mixer. Not so with the Jr.

I do like both and play them at the house side by side. When a gig comes up I'm not going to grab the Jr. though on my way out the door.;)

Justaguyin_nc
October 28th, 2006, 03:07 PM
They're still selling them for $99 at the local Guitar Center. After reading Nelskie's great commentary I'd rather have the Valve Jr. head. :)

Sonofagun..MusiciansFriend put them back to $99.00 also.. after I bought one all the way in California..heh.. ohwell, a weeks wait..

link to MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-CPB150-PowerBlock-Stereo-Guitar-Amp?sku=487829

Spudman
October 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Sonofagun..MusiciansFriend put them back to $99.00 also.. after I bought one all the way in California..heh.. ohwell, a weeks wait..

link to MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-CPB150-PowerBlock-Stereo-Guitar-Amp?sku=487829

Depending on when and who you bought it from Musicians Friend has a 45 day price guarantee. You find it for less in 45 days and they refund the difference.

M29
October 31st, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well... I took my Crate Power Block out of layaway at GC today and brought her home. She's got to go back, no good... The power light went on and I plugged the guitar in and a pair of head phones and there was just a very faint hint of sound. I turned the volume up being very careful not to bust my ear drums not knowing if the headphone output is cut down and nothing happened. I turned the gain up and I could hear a faint distortion and then while moving the gain knob the volume went up to an ear pounding level and then dropped off for good, ouch! I tried three different guitars, two different cables and two sets of headphones but nothing.

Oh well... another 40 mile trip to take it back tomorrow. I hope the next one is better then this. GC said they have a 30 day return policy.

It sure looked good and the extra case was awesome. I did not like the feel of the controls though they felt very cheap.

Thanks for the ear I had to vent off a bit.

M29

Spudman
October 31st, 2006, 03:49 PM
Bummer! :( That is too bad and so inconvenient. I got mine mail order and had no problems. I don't like the sound in the headphones though.
I think GC gets used stuff (returns) from MF and then tries to sell them retail. I've been very disappointed with the quality of products at GC. It's kind of like thrift store material.
I hope your problems gets sorted out to your satisfaction soon.:)

M29
October 31st, 2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks Spudman, I usually buy off the web but thought I would get something from a store this time. I was afraid that they might be peddling some crap but thought I would take a chance. I sure hope they are not.

Thanks

M29

Justaguyin_nc
November 1st, 2006, 12:32 AM
I don't like the sound in the headphones though.

That's a switch Spuds.. I always thought Headphones made most amps sound great.. I am still awaiting my PowerBlock.. I read someplace it has a built in cab emulation.. is that the part you don't like or does it just sound much better LOUD through speakers? As for the cab emulation... is it always on speakers and headphone and line out?

Spudman
November 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
That's a switch Spuds.. I always thought Headphones made most amps sound great.. I am still awaiting my PowerBlock.. I read someplace it has a built in cab emulation.. is that the part you don't like or does it just sound much better LOUD through speakers? As for the cab emulation... is it always on speakers and headphone and line out?

I'm not sure about the cabinet emulation yet. I haven't dug into it enough to know.
All I know is that I plugged the headphones in, put them on, didn't like the sound...and it wasn't loud enough.:DR
You have to unplug the speaker to just have the headphones only which is a little inconvenient.

M29
November 1st, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hello Spudman,

I brought back my power block today and had them test the new one they gave me before I brought it home. It worked fine in the store and appears to work good here. I do find the headphone sound to be somewhat crunchy though. A sort of crispy sound even on clean with the gain lowered to about 10:00 which should be pretty clean. Do you get this kind of edgy sound in the headphones?

I do not have a cabinet to try it out on but hope it will be super clean with speakers not like the headphones.

Does your (rear panel) level control work with the headphones? From what I can tell from the instruction manual it only works with the line out jack. Is this the way yours works because I cannot change the level with the (rear panel) level control and the headphones.

Can't wait to try it out loud!! It may be a while though before I can get an extension cabinet.

Thank you for your time and help Spudman as always.

M29

Spudman
November 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM
Hello Spudman,

Do you get this kind of edgy sound in the headphones?

I do not have a cabinet to try it out on but hope it will be super clean with speakers not like the headphones.

Does your (rear panel) level control work with the headphones?
M29

Ya. The sound just isn't that good in the phones.

Oh you are going to love it when you plug it into a cabinet.:DR It's a bloody proper rock n roll amph.

What? There is a level control on the back? I haven't even looked.:o

Justaguyin_nc
November 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Been playing with mine for a few hours... The line Level works great to the computer using xlr lineout.. the headphones sound pretty good to me also.. ok so i'm easy... there was something on the reviews that said if you connect a 1/4 stereo plug to the send left mono and then use the cd in RCA's on the other end it disconects the cab emulation..Heck, I have noticed no difference when this line is plugged in this way..it's all good...heh.. This is an excellent $99.00 buy... just as is..and I have yet to hook it to a cab... ofcourse I keep a digiverb running along with a chorus and bad monkey so far..:) and this smile wont leave my face.. My gain also starts in at 10:00 and gets going pretty good around 2:00 Can get a clean sound when needed.. I been keeping it around 1:00 and enjoying the sound although subjective as it is.. I can see the Fender Cyber-Champ will be taking a break.. did I mention how nice this looks sitting on the computer desk? hah.. great design.. now I really need that 2x12 avatar cab soon....:)

M29
November 3rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Justaguyin_nc,

Glad you like it I played mine through two twelves today briefly and it was potent!!

Here is something to think about and maybe you guys can give me some info on this as I have been out of it for some time and have not messed with some of these hookups for a while.
My question is: Can I connect my Vox ad50vt to my Power Block from the Vox (Line/Phone) jack on the back to any input on the Power Block, (either the guitar input or line in) to increase my power output from the Vox. In doing this I will certainly have to use a different cabinet with either two twelves or four?

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for your help.

M29

Justaguyin_nc
November 3rd, 2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry M...I don't know the answer.. Dunno if I want to try it either...
I do know the CD in works with headphones..I will assume with the speaker outs also ummm Maybe line out to it.. or you could always Mic your VOX and put the input guitar as an input mic..:) Im just guessing here.. but I have done this with two amps and it sounds pretty good..

Justaguyin_nc
November 7th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I found the following link pretty darn interesting.. The guy uses a Marshall, Boggy and the Crate PowerBlock with three audio examples.. you decide which is which.. just using the comparison makes the crate a winner in sound... check it out and see if you guess right.. Solid State tube tone has arrived? maybe...

P.S. if you read the answer.. please don't give it away...;)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=174811

Spudman
November 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Before I try to find out anything about the clips I'm going to say
#1 Crate
#2 Boggy
#3 Marshall

They all sound really close.
That's what I've been saying all along. For $99 it's an AMAZING deal, but only if you already have a cabinet. Otherwise it's just another great amp to have that you'll never spend a dime on tubes for and fits under your seat or can be carried over your shoulder.

I'd love to see one of these sitting on top of 2 Marshall 4x12 cabinets. That would look....strange:o ....but would sound AWESOME!:eek:

Nelskie
November 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I found the following link pretty darn interesting.. The guy uses a Marshall, Boggy and the Crate PowerBlock with three audio examples.. you decide which is which.. just using the comparison makes the crate a winner in sound... check it out and see if you guess right.. Solid State tube tone has arrived? maybe...

P.S. if you read the answer.. please don't give it away...;)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=174811
Well . . . I hope you're happy Justa' - those sound clips you posted all but sealed the deal for me. Just came back from MF, and a *new* Power Block is on its way to me. I know everyone's been beating the $99 drum on this dimunitive powerhouse of an amp - - but there absolutely shouldn't be any question about the kind of tone it can produce. Besides, I don't have an all solid-state amp around, and every once in awhile, I need a good 80's metal fix. This should fit the bill nicely for that.

Anyways - - hooray for me . . . I'm in the club. ;)

Robert
November 8th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Heck, it seems like everyone is buying these! I might have to do the same as Nelskie - I haven't forgotten my 80s roots either and like the "amp under the car seat" idea...

Spudman
November 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Ok. I win the bet. We got Nelskie to fall for the GAS trick. I can't believe he actually bought one of those lame Powerblock amphs.

Where's my prize? I told you he would do it.

Just kidding bro. You'll be happy with it no doubt. If I would have had one when I started out playing guitar I would be a star by now. It's awesome.

Justaguyin_nc
November 9th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Ok. I win the bet. We got Nelskie to fall for the GAS trick.

Shoot..I'll send ya the 5 bucks spuds...sheesh.. he was to easy..;)

Honestly..I am really enjoying this little amp and I dont even own a cab.. yet!

Bad Monkey and BD-2 together with some reverb.. this thing does like pedals!!

Welcome to the Club Nelskie... I know you always get quality products..:)

The Blue light in the dark is worth the $99.00 !

I have noticed..the slightest touch on the Gain control makes a big difference from 10:00 on up..

Justaguyin_nc
November 10th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Well . . . I hope you're happy Justa' - those sound clips you posted all but sealed the deal for me.

Without giving away the answer...and honestly now... out of curiosity... did you pick the right one Nelskie? :)

Nelskie
November 10th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Nope - not even close. I'm almost embarassed to say which ones I thought were which. After reading that post further, however, I didn't feel so bad. That thread also gave me an idea for another "tone test" for us to try here on FN. Stay tuned . . . ;)

Spudman
November 11th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I just got a catalog from Music 123 and their Power Block price is $199. So...it looks like the current price of $99 that we know of is a little better than a 2 for 1 price.

Hmmm...should I? Since each head can run in stereo if I ran 2 of them in stereo would that be quad?

Justaguyin_nc
November 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I just got a catalog from Music 123 and their Power Block price is $199. So...it looks like the current price of $99 that we know of is a little better than a 2 for 1 price.

Hmmm...should I? Since each head can run in stereo if I ran 2 of them in stereo would that be quad?

At least one more.. that means you also need two more for backups for the two you get... ;)

Spudman
November 11th, 2006, 02:58 PM
that means you also need two more for backups for the two you get... ;)

Ya. That's what I was thinking. That way when the tubes go bad in one I can just grab another fresh one.;)

Justaguyin_nc
November 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
That way when the tubes go bad in one I can just grab another fresh one.;)

I just can't find them glowing colors...I hear them..just can't find them!! :R

Nelskie
November 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
My *new* Crate Power Block arrived yesterday afternoon, and needless to say, I was pretty excited to put it through its initial paces. Here are my first impressions:

1.) Design / Construction / Functionality - First off, the idea of a full-featured 150W guitar amp being smaller than a standard-sized toaster is ground-breaking anyway you look it (and I LOVE toast!) Like Line 6, Crate has positioned itself as a market innovator, and the Power Block (referred to forthwith as "PB") is certainly a huge step beyond anything that has preceded it. So, big kudos to them for bringing such a great product from conception all the way to reality. Secondly, the PB is a beautifully constructed piece of gear. The electronics are housed in a sturdy, smartly-designed finned aluminum housing with clearly marked controls on front and back. The multitude of line-in / out connections allow for wide parameters of use, for just about every kind of player - garage warrior to performing professional. The five knurled knobs on the front control panel are easy to use, and provide excellent scaling and articulate adjustment. A headphone jack offers the player an option for silent practice. The bright, icy-blue "power-on" light in the center of the "A" is also a cool touch, as is the custom-fitted, padded shoulder carrying case that comes with it! Overall, I give the PB high marks for design, construction, and functionality. Now having set the benchmark in this particular niche of the market, I can only imagine what great things Crate will be doing next with this product platform.

2.) Tone - Well, there probably isn't much that I can add that hasn't already been said or posted elsewhere. As Spudman and Justa have already mentioned, this lil' feller is ripe with usable tones - especially in the OD / gain dept. Right after plugging it in, I wasted no time in revisiting some of my core 80's setlist - Motley Crue, RATT, Whitesnake, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Dio, Iron Maiden, etc. Ah yes . . . those unforgettable high-gain tones that ruled the planet during my early playing years were instantly on tap - in all of their spandex-clad, big-hair'ed, solid-state glory. I must have played for an hour straight, not even once cognizant of the passage of time. I then decided to take things one step "beyond", and introduced my TS-9 Tube Screamer into the equation. Strangely enough, I even remembered some of my old pedal settings (which in and of itself was kind of a weird deja' vu). The stupid smile that spread across my face after playing the intro to Motley's "Too Fast For Love" (early Motley is so deliciously dirty) - - absolutely priceless. Houston control - - we have ignition.

On the cleaner side of things, the TB proved more than up to the task. Switching to the neck position on both my # 1 Les Paul and MIJ Strat yielded warm and complex tones. I used the "boost" feature on my Marshall Bluesbreaker for added sparkle and definition to the various clean timbres I dialed in - very nice indeed. I see no reason to compare the PB's cleans to my Fender Super Reverb's, because these amps are two totally different animals. The PB simply offers the player another "flavor" of clean, and there's no doubt that there will be some instances where that clean tone will be more effective (ex. recording background parts to a song.) My only gripe - and really, it's somewhat insignificant as far as tone is concerned - is that the PB doesn't have a reverb function - something which could easily be added in the upcoming model line revisions. For now, adding reverb is nothing more than putting a good multi-effects processor (like the Zoom G2) or stand-alone pedal (like a Marshall Reflector) in front of it.

In my opinion, the PB is a fantastic little piece of equipment. It does what it does very well, and in extremely satisfying fashion. For me, its most prominent feature was its classic, high-gain, all solid-state 80's tone. And even if it serves me in that capacity only, then it's already well-worth the $99 price tag. Now having some familiarity with its other features, I can see that it will see frequent use with both my PODxt and G2 effects processors as well.

As long as MF is blowing out these units for $99 (and I saw a "limited supply" logo next to the price on the MF website, so their stock must be dwindling), all I can say is get your tail over there and get one. Like the Valve Jr., the PB offers tons of usable tones, is a total gas to play through, and won't have you eating Ramen noodles for the next six months to pay for it.

I'll post more as play it more with different guitars, and experiment with some of its other features (line-out; stereo function; PODxt / G2; effects loop). ;)

SuperSwede
November 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Sounds like your in a solid state nirvana at the moment Nelskie! (if a nirvana can be described as solid). What did you plug it in to? A 4x12? Headphones?

Nelskie
November 12th, 2006, 01:44 PM
What did you plug it in to? A 4x12? Headphones?
I'm using my Peavey 112E extension cab, which has a 12" Eminence Swamp Thang in it (also a high wattage speaker). It sounds great with the Power Block. :D

Spudman
November 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the club brutha. Glad that you believed what we were saying too. I'm really happy that I just got one out of the blue myself. I haven't even started to tap into all the features it has. I'm just using it to amplify my guitar for now and that is keeping me nicely satiated.

So...ya, what Nelskie said. Go get one before the price goes up or they vanish.

SuperSwede
November 13th, 2006, 03:45 AM
I'm using my Peavey 112E extension cab, which has a 12" Eminence Swamp Thang in it (also a high wattage speaker). It sounds great with the Power Block. :D

Just be careful, a 150 wattage power amp can do nasty things to speakers!

Nelskie
November 13th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Just be careful, a 150 wattage power amp can do nasty things to speakers!
Yes, I'm aware of that. At this point, there's nothing but practice-level wattages running through the 112E. However, I am considering getting a 2 x 12 cab to use with this and my Valve Jr. head. Maybe Santa will bring me one, along with a couple of new Eminence speakers . . . ?

SuperSwede
November 13th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Oohhh.. We might have to adress you as "Your Eminence" in the future Nelskie :D

M29
January 5th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Hello,

I just got a Guitar Center clearence sale flyer that has the Crate Power Block for $79.00. I wonder if we can get the difference if we paid 99.00 for it. That is darn cheap for this little amp.

M29

Spudman
January 5th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hello,

I just got a Guitar Center clearence sale flyer that has the Crate Power Block for $79.00. I wonder if we can get the difference if we paid 99.00 for it. That is darn cheap for this little amp.

M29

Depending on where and when you bought it.

Musicians Friend has a 45 day price guarantee. Meaning, if you find it for less within 45 days of purchase they will credit you back the difference.

Tone2TheBone
January 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Someone at FDP says they're $69.00 now.........

Robert
January 5th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I'm getting pretty good GAS for this thing. I heard a video clip of it that sounded awesome. Hmm...

Tone2TheBone
January 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Heck Rob for the money it would make a neat little addition for whatever we geetar players and bass players do. I'm thinking of getting one now. The stereo amph part of it sounds interesting. Anyone running theirs like that? Even mono sounded good at GC that day I was trying delay pedals through it. I think this is the last you'll see of that model at this price....unless they decide to go as low as $49.00 :eek: