PDA

View Full Version : Name the Classic Rock Song from the Riff

marnold
May 7th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Here's an interesting little game. Guess the classic rock song from the riff without the lyrics. I only missed one. I would have had gotten that one too if I would have had about another 15 seconds.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/enough/classicrock

Retro Hound
May 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Good grief, I can't type that fast! I could guess the artist first, then it takes a few seconds to think of the song title.

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM
There were only two I truly didn't know. But there were several I "knew" (tune & artist) but couldn't remember the title! :thwap It's hell to get old....

bigoldron
May 7th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I got 29 out of 36. I could remember the artist but couldn't quite get the name on those except for about 2 of them.

Katastrophe
May 7th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I got 30 out of 36... But had to stop to give my daughter a bath. Not bad for multitasking!

DeanEVO_Dude
May 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Had to pause it many times... some I even had to look up in my library... saddly I did still miss 3...
Rebblel Yell (I knew the song, just didn't know the title!)
Changes (sooo ashamed!)
Rock and Roll part 2 (heard it many times, never knew the title.)

Commodore 64
May 8th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I missed 3:

The damned Dr Who song because I couldn't think of the name
Changes
School's Out

Kazz
May 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
That was fun

Eric
May 8th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Well, I got a few freebies because of some of the comments here and ended up with 32/36 -- probably would have been 29 or 30 otherwise. SO frustrating when you know who does a song but can't remember the title...

Anyway, that was fun. Thanks.

marnold
May 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
The one I missed was "Old Man." I thought CSN at first, and then got to Neil Young but ran out of time.

Eric
May 8th, 2010, 01:26 PM
The one I missed was "Old Man." I thought CSN at first, and then got to Neil Young but ran out of time.
Yep. I got Changes, School's Out, and Rebel Yell from the comments here, though I think I could have figured out Rebel Yell.

My issues were KISS, Styx (I knew what song it was, just not the exact title -- left out 'Come'), Neil Young, and ZZ Top.

Spudman
May 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I missed one - the Twisted Sister one. I never listen to Twisted Sister!

t_ross33
May 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM
30/36... meh :applause

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I missed one - the Twisted Sister one. I never listen to Twisted Sister!
That was one of the two I didn't recognize at all. The other was the Kiss song--I never listened to those guys. I couldn't name another of their songs beyond Rock & Roll All Night.

msteeln
May 9th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I woke up with a song in my head this morning, as usual, a very common song at that, but for the life of me I couldn't and still can't think of who did it or the title. So I'm not even touching this game until I remember the first one of the day.

Eric
May 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM
That was one of the two I didn't recognize at all. The other was the Kiss song--I never listened to those guys. I couldn't name another of their songs beyond Rock & Roll All Night.
Not even Strutter? In fairness, I didn't know many/any songs until I decided to download a greatest-hits CD.