PDA

View Full Version : Vox AD30VT sound video clip

deeaa
May 8th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Finally made a clip of this amp...put in a Celestion, and it's pretty nice. Still doesn't really yield punchy rock/metal tones but nice clean/crunch and not a bad lead tone at all, IMO.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xu-soVGmJTk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xu-soVGmJTk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

There were a few here who also had this amp...what speaker do you use?

deeaa
May 9th, 2010, 12:07 AM
You know, the more I play this amp now, the more I like it. I've now adjusted the EQ's quite a lot and I get the Vox cleans real nice now, quite jangly and nice crunch, but I also finally managed to get a real nice driven rhythm out of it. It just requires cutting the treble HEAVILY and also bass, and lots of mids added, but now I can get that too.

If only the thing had more than two sound settings saveable...It'd really be great if I could have the clean plus two drive settings. And the D/I out still isn't quite up to par...but anyway, I'm glad I swapped my li'l TM10 for this. The TM still has the best SS drive rhythm sound and D/I I know of IMO, but this is much nicer for home playing, lots more versatile.

I guess I have to start drawing on those setting sheets I printed out of the manual :-)

SuperSwede
May 9th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Sounds good.. I still want to try my VT50 with a 4x12 cab and see if the high gain models improve.

The high end on all high gain models and the Brian May model sounds too fizzy through the original speaker.

deeaa
May 9th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Exactly...and it's not just that the speaker has lots of high end, it has lots of ultra-high frequencies too. I should think running music through it might sound pretty OK even...I guess it's tuned for modeler, not as guitar speaker so much.

Jimi75
May 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Still a great sounding amph! I really dig your clips. I have played the 50 top with a 4x12 cab for some time and it sounded great. Guees that if you attach your cube to a cab you'll get some huge sound and can easily cover your metal and punk stuff!

Rock on Sauna-Boy :dude

Jimi75

deeaa
May 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks! The clip is actually recorded in the Sauna foyer/rec room :-)

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Hehe no finnish household without a sauna eh?

deeaa
May 10th, 2010, 02:50 AM
I suppose there's a lot of apartments without one, only a common one to which everyone has scheduled times to use it, plus biweekly common sauna nights.

But I do think these days they build saunas even in one-room apartments most often.

Tig
May 10th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I suppose there's a lot of apartments without one, only a common one to which everyone has scheduled times to use it, plus biweekly common sauna nights.

But I do think these days they build saunas even in one-room apartments most often.

Makes me wish the US builders would wake up and make saunas commonplace.

marnold
May 10th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I really liked my AD30VT for cleans and bluesy drive, but I kept fighting it to try to get a hard rock/80s metal sound. Since that's my wheelhouse I had to look elsewhere. If I had no interest in hard rock or metal, I could have happily played my Cajun-equipped AD30VT forever.