PDA

View Full Version : Need a lefty neck...

navvid
May 9th, 2010, 12:11 AM
So I come back from Tehran, Iran, to my home in the SF bay area, and there is this almost guitar sitting there. I worked on it right up until I left to catch my plane, and now it needs a capacitor, neck+tuners and a pickguard. I would like to do a fit up of the parts before I paint it, but It needs to get done like yesterday of last year...

I was looking at Warmoth's neck maker site thingy, and it fixed me up a neck for about 2 Ben Franklins, but I don't know if I'd be much better off than if I get a cheaper Mighty Mite neck (about half the price of the Warmoth neck). The Warmoth I put together was quarter sawn maple, which is nice, but unless you pay extra you get their "Warmoth patented" compound fretboard radius, which I am not so sure about. I am used to a 9.5" fretboard radius. I think their compound go from 10.5" at the nut to like 16".... not sure. Any body know how they play? Any input?

Any body know anywhere else I may be able to score some good lefty neck?....... I need it bad.......

ZMAN
May 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM
In your haste you forgot to mention which type of guitar. Also are you a lefty player. I have heard that right handed necks on a lefty guitar can change the tone in a good way. You just string it lefty.
The Fender 9.5 radius is very versatile for most people. I have owned Strats with a 12, and a tele with a 15.5. The 12 was good the 15.5 too flat.
As far as aftermarket, I would take a look at GFS.
Not sure if they have lefties though. A pretty good price.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/

navvid
May 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Uh, huh huh,... huh huh... oh yeah... huh huh...

It's a Strat.

A lefty neck on a righty guitar would be strung reverse. Thus the length of string to each tuner changes, effecting the guitar's harmonics. To this same end, I instead have built a left handed guitar in order to string it reverse and emulate Jimi.