PDA

View Full Version : Review plugin - need your feedback

Robert
May 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I found this plugin that can be added to our forum. Please have a look at

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4644

and let me know if you think this format would be good for gear reviews.

If it isn't, I would have to code my own, which would take a while.

Spudman
May 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I would think 4 categories would be enough and I like the graphic too. If we had categories such as: Sound, Construction, Usability, and Overall for ratings that could give a person a pretty good idea at a quick glance what they might expect from what was being reviewed.

There might be better category titles than what I listed but that was just to give an idea.

Commodore 64
May 10th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Looks useable. It's not like the old HC reviews were a great format or easily searchable for that matter. Most of the HC reviews I found, I found with google, not with the search at the HC review page. I guess what I'm saying is the format looks perfectly adequate, but I wonder how the reviews will be organized and or searched.

Eric
May 10th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Looks useable. It's not like the old HC reviews were a great format or easily searchable for that matter. Most of the HC reviews I found, I found with google, not with the search at the HC review page. I guess what I'm saying is the format looks perfectly adequate, but I wonder how the reviews will be organized and or searched.
I'm with C64 on this one. While the content of the reviews on UG is usually pretty dumb, I like that within a given category, it shows the average score for a given piece of equipment. I find that to be very useful for browsing.

This tool seems fine. I never really look at categories, since they're usually all either 10 or 1. I check for the comments on the gear.