PDA

View Full Version : Randy "Hendrix" Hansen - so amazing!

Jimi75
May 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I have to post this. You know for people like me, who could never see Hendrix due to our "young" age, Randy is a great example of how the great Jimi could have sounded. Don't judge his disguise and the moves, I mean I 've heard so many Hendrix tributes and cover bands, but seeing Randy perform for about 10 times now, it's an amazing experience. This guy is also a very intelligent and a nice humans being, too - talked to him so many times. There are a lot of pepople who really know how important Randy's performances are and how much he is into Jimi's stuff. Hey, SRV loved him, Nicolas Cage loves him, Uli Jon Roth loves him, I do....Randy performed with Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding and he blew them away...

See what you can get out of a nice Strat, a dimed Marshall and a fuzz face...
He's got no super duper expensive stuff on his board, just some regular Jim Dunlop pedals!

uUw0eKLd2QI

:applause

FrankenFretter
May 10th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I saw Randy play an outdoor show in Bellingham, Washington twenty-plus years ago. It was a great show, and Randy impressed me quite a bit.

Tig
May 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
He really has the voice and playing down, but what's cool is how much fun he's having!

Robert
May 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Love it, man! Awesome!

What Marshall does he use?

Spudman
May 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I got into Randy back in 1980. That's when the "Randy Hansen" album came out. The album had "Champagne and Cocaine" on it along with a cover of "I Want To Take You Higher" by Sly Stone. The whole album was one great song after another. I still have it and the production was pretty good but I'd still love to see it remastered. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I can appreciate the Hendrix thing that he does but he can write some great material as well.

bcdon
May 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Why is his guitar upside down? :crazyguy
Great performance!!

Jimi75
May 10th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Love it, man! Awesome!

What Marshall does he use?

The last time I saw him he was playing a JCM 800. Think he upgraded to a 1959 JH top now.

Here's the link to his official site - don't miss to check the songs playing on the welcome site....Machine Gun........

http://www.randyhansen.com/fr_welcome.cfm

Jimi75
May 10th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I got into Randy back in 1980. That's when the "Randy Hansen" album came out. The album had "Champagne and Cocaine" on it along with a cover of "I Want To Take You Higher" by Sly Stone. The whole album was one great song after another. I still have it and the production was pretty good but I'd still love to see it remastered. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I can appreciate the Hendrix thing that he does but he can write some great material as well.

Back then Randy had a one record major deal. Only fantastic stuff on his album plus he was involved in the soundtrack of Apocalypse Now!

Blaze
May 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Almost look like Jimi playin in a mirror...

Cool clip ...

sumitomo
May 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Man that was great! I'd really like to see that show,He looks like Jimi with a smile like Robin Trower! Sumi:D

otaypanky
May 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Randy sounds great.
He's probably the best Hendrix tribute player I've heard.
But for me, as good as he is, it is nothing like being a young teenager and hearing Jimi for the first time. He made sounds come out of his guitar that grabbed something down deep inside me. I had never heard anything like that before in my life. I don't think anyone on the planet had. It was new, but it was primal, like it had always been. It just had never been experienced before by anyone.
Jimi was the guy that figured out how to get us from the world of our everyday lives down to the rage and beauty that's at the core of our being.
It just ain't the same seeing someone copy the moves and sounds

M29
May 17th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Jimi, thanks for the info. I knew nothing of him before this. Thanks again!

M