PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Spudman!

Robert
October 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM
He tried to keep it a secret, but you cannot run or hide from the Fret, we know your secrets! haha

Big Happy B to you Spudman!

Tone2TheBone
October 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Wha? It's your birfday?? Happy Birfday man! :)

duhvoodooman
October 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Happy B.D., Spuds!!!

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/bd_potato.jpg

Robert
October 5th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Priceless, DVM! Haha, I chuckled good on that one!

duhvoodooman
October 5th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Actually, it's supposed to be a potato menora according to the site I found it on, but who's to know?? ;) :D

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 5th, 2006, 04:29 PM
MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY SPUD.

warren0728
October 5th, 2006, 06:29 PM
happy birthday spuds....hope you had a great one!

ww

Mark
October 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Happy Birfday you ole geezer !! What anniversary of your 29th birfday is it anyway? May you have many more!

ted s
October 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
happy birthday, this Spud's for you !

Cranium
October 5th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Happy Spudsday, I hope you get some nice presents...don't you just love presents? :DR

tot_Ou_tard
October 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Love the Spud Vood!

http://www.mrpotatohead.net/fan/cake.jpg

Man! Happy B-day Spudz!!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_AltA/02390f4c3c5_A400.jpg

It's great to have you here on The Fret & we hope that there is fun & music in your celebration today! :DR :R

Tim
October 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Don't you just love friends? They never let you down! Happy Birthday Spuds.

What are you 16 and 29 years of age? Enjoy your day, eveing, night and possible hang over.

Spudman
October 5th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Don't you just love friends? They never let you down! Happy Birthday Spuds.

What are you 16 and 29 years of age? Enjoy your day, evening, night and possible hang over.

Yes I do. You guys are awesome! (how come there's no smiley with tears?) [insert smiley here]
The Mystic Silver potato -the Mr. Potato Head cake - I feel like the luckiest guy alive to have friends like you. (sniff, sniff)

Well, I was 69 for a while but now I'm back to being a mid 40's regular guy.;)

SuperSwede
October 6th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Late again...

Congratulations Spud! I hope you have time to enjoy the present you bought for yourself! :)

http://www.spudstravels.com/Travel%20Archive/North%20America/Canada/Ontario/Ontario%20images/Spudlips.jpg

Spudman
October 6th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Do you mean these? Ibanez SA220 and Squier Korean E series.

tot_Ou_tard
October 6th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Late again...

Congratulations Spud! I hope you have time to enjoy the present you bought for yourself! :)

http://www.spudstravels.com/Travel%20Archive/North%20America/Canada/Ontario/Ontario%20images/Spudlips.jpg
That's rocktastic Swede! Did'ja make it yourself?

Justaguyin_nc
October 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Dagnabit... wanted to get the sweetie to pop out of the cake for ya....

Happy B'Day Spuds man...

SuperSwede
October 6th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Tot, google made it for me.

Spud, the finish & quality on todays Ibanez guitars are hard to beat. What kind of pickups came with the 220?

warren0728
October 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM
the finish & quality on todays Ibanez guitars are hard to beat.
i have to agree...my new artcore finish is beautiful...no flaws that i can see....including the binding!

ww

Spudman
October 6th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Tot, google made it for me.

Spud, the finish & quality on todays Ibanez guitars are hard to beat. What kind of pickups came with the 220?

Humbucking dude.:D

Really, I haven't a clue. I can't find any information on this guitar. I did get it new but nothing I have tells me what they are.

The neck sounds a lot like my neck Pearly Gates and the bridge real similar to the PAF or PAF Pro. No coil taps but that may change after I look under the hood to see if it can be done. It's sweet for right now though.

The SA220 is discontinued but great if you can find some NOS. The local importer has 2 but they aren't dropping the price yet. I found mine in Utah.

Tone2TheBone
October 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Now thats a sweet Ibanez.

SuperSwede
October 6th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Spud, I did some research. Looks like you got the AH3 & AH4, I think those are 2 wire pickups...

Spudman
October 6th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks SS. I've been playing it all night and LOVE the sounds I'm getting with it through, get this...the Crate Power Block. It's like they were made for each other. They have to be 4 wire though because in position 4 you get one coil in each pickup.

Yup. I just opened her up and there are 4 wires per pickup. This could get interesting!

duhvoodooman
October 7th, 2006, 08:13 AM
They have to be 4 wire though because in position 4 you get one coil in each pickup.
Now, that's an interesting concept--the hidden third humbucker in a two-'bucker guitar! That's started me to thinking......always a dangerous thing! :eek: :D

SuperSwede
October 7th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Yup. I just opened her up and there are 4 wires per pickup. This could get interesting!

Ok, the more the merrier. Are you planning to install push/pull knobs?

The Crate Powerblock sounds interesting... I am quite fond of solid state amps you know.. hmm.. got sp.sim line out on that?

Spudman
October 8th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Ok, the more the merrier. Are you planning to install push/pull knobs?

The Crate Powerblock sounds interesting... I am quite fond of solid state amps you know.. hmm.. got sp.sim line out on that?

Yes. The XLR line out is speaker simulated as well as the headphne output.

M29
October 8th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Happy Birthday Spud!!!

M29

zeusse
October 8th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Happy Birthday Spudman sorry if its late just getting through some more posts tonight