PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No Log In

Tim
May 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hello Fretters (especially the older members). It’s been about 2 years since my last log on. My relocation to Pittsburgh and being self employed has kept me very busy. I have been too busy to sign in on the Fret Net and too busy to play the guitar.

At the present time I am laid up in bed after having surgery for a complete ruptured of the right Achilles heel tendon. The upper part of the tendon lost its elasticity and had gone up in to the right calf. The doctor had to cut open the calf muscle to retrieve the tendon to attach the pieces together. I am in a cast from my heel up to my knee and stuck in bed for at least 4 weeks and the possibility of wearing a cast/boot for 6 months.

I will be checking in the Fret Net to begin reading the past 37,000+ posts that are waiting for my review.

Tim

Robert
May 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Whoah, good to hear from you Tim! Long time, no doubt!

I'm sorry to hear about the tendon. That musta hurt.

I guess you have some reading to do now here on the Fret.... ;) :D

Katastrophe
May 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Dude! Good to see you posting again.

Sorry to read about your injury. I hope you heal quickly.

At least while you're in bed you can prop yourself up and grab a gitfiddle for some well deserved playing time!

Jimi75
May 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Welcome back! Good to see you around. All the best to you, may you recover very soon!

:AOK

Tone2TheBone
May 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Good to hear from you Tim! Also sorry about your heel!

sunvalleylaw
May 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Good to hear from you Tim! Also sorry about your heel!

I'll echo Tone and the others here. Welcome back and take it easy on that heel!

tjcurtin1
May 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hey, Tim, good to see your avatar back on the board! Heel up - oops, sorry - HEAL up quick...

marnold
May 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM
There are those who call him . . . Tim.

Welcome back!

R_of_G
May 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome back Tim.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

duhvoodooman
May 12th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Yo, Tim! Great to hear from you, man! Ya got some serious cathcin' up to do! :poke ;)