PDA

View Full Version : NGD-Peavey Predator

bigoldron
May 11th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Bought a Peavey Predator on Ebay for a really low price. It came in today, but all I had time to do was bolt the neck on, clean and treat the neck with mineral oil and slap some strings on it. It NEEDS a good setup. The strings are high off the neck, so they'll have to be lowered.

First impressions, not too bad. Once I give it a good setup, I'll be able to tell more about it. The neck seems to be fairly flat and wide, so that will take some getting used to. The volume from the pickups are OK, couldn't really turn it up to tell, because the wife was sleeping.

I'll tweak it and get it set up and then I'll make some pics and post them.

mrmudcat
May 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Cool, soon as some expected monies come in the mail there will be other surprises:what

Ive got to lose some stuff!!!:help

bigoldron
May 11th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Cool, soon as some expected monies come in the mail there will be other surprises:what

Ive got to lose some stuff!!!:help

Way kewl, Muddie! I didn't expect to get this one. I put a token bid in, thought it wouldn't last very long, but I wound up being the only bidder.

Good luck with your other endeavors!

Tonz
May 12th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I have had 2 of those as back ups for gigs cause I break a lot of strings, the only problem I had with them was that the vibrato bar would not stay in for very long, it has a set screw holding it in that just was a bad idea. Apart from that these are great cheap strats.

bigG
May 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Congrats, Ron! Peavey and Ibanez make some mighty fine guitars for the money, even new at full street price. eBay price musta been such a deal! :applause