PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried pedals w/ Vox ADxxVT ?

Radioboy950
May 13th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Don't know if you've already tried this...if not, check it out, I think you'll dig it.

Dial in the Boutique Clean model on the AD50VT, and crank it loud enough to get the speaker moving.

Plug a humbucker guitar into a TS type overdrive pedal with the knobs set around 2 O'clock.

I could not believe how great this amph sounds. The classic rock, crunchy blues tones are great.

Have you had a similar experience using pedals with this amph?

deeaa
May 13th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Don't know if you've already tried this...if not, check it out, I think you'll dig it.

Dial in the Boutique Clean model on the AD50VT, and crank it loud enough to get the speaker moving.

Plug a humbucker guitar into a TS type overdrive pedal with the knobs set around 2 O'clock.

I could not believe how great this amph sounds. The classic rock, crunchy blues tones are great.

Have you had a similar experience using pedals with this amph?

Not really. I've tried three different OD's but haven't gotten any great OD sounds. Much better using the Brit80's model for OD IMO...but I guess I'll have to try once more a little louder.

SuperSwede
May 15th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Not exactly the same amph but my Vox VT takes my Blackstar pedal very well. Some amph models seems to like it better though...

R_of_G
May 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM
My AD15VT seems to take to pedals pretty well. It certainly seems to like the Dan-o-Wah.

djmcconnell
May 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I use my M13 with all kinds of effects with my AD30VT set to bypass mode. I have been happy with the sounds (if not the playing).

Retro Hound
May 16th, 2010, 05:55 PM
This is good to know, that several people seem to have good luck with pedals with this amp. I've got a VT30, and I might like to get some pedals to use with it.

snarph
May 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM
the biggest part of using pedals with these amps is also using the by pass button then your doing a straight path and not using the built in effects