PDA

View Full Version : Anthem Guitars

progrmr
May 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM
The local Music Go Round has a ton of guitars from a company named "Anthem".

They are definitely in the low end of the cost spectrum, and offer multiple styles (LP, lots of strat/ibanez styles). The finishes look pretty good and the fretboards are extremely well polished - easy to play.

Like everyone else I'm always looking for the cadillac at the pinto price, but when it comes to brands that I'm not familiar with I'm very hesitant to spend the $$$.

Does anyone have any current experience with these guitars?

Eric
May 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM
If memory serves, Robert and Spud have some connection to these guitars -- they can probably tell you more. They're certainly pretty. I have no idea about their sound or playability.

Robert
May 14th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I have the WTR30. It's a good sounding humbucker guitar, and it's fun to shred on. The neck is a little chunkier than the Ibanez style of necks.

Here's my demo.

dJByWD8_2Fo

progrmr
May 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
thanks!

that sounds pretty good - I'm always wishy-washy on actually pulling the trigger...just seems like I should put the money towards a more expensive instrument, but that video looks like the guitar is more than enough for my abilities now and in the foreseeable future.

Spudman
May 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Music Go Round is blowing out the remaining Anthem stock. The company failed to do a proper trademark search before they built a bunch of guitars with the Anthem name on them. :thwap

They are good quality instruments in their regular retail price range and certainly a bargain at the blowout prices.

The future of the company, which is headquartered near me, was uncertain as of January of 2010 when I last spoke to the marketing manger. They might be working on a new name or financially reeling from having to get rid of so much inventory. I'm just not sure either.

Eric
May 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
How much are they going for at MGR?

progrmr
May 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM
How much are they going for at MGR?

More than 1 strat style for $150, LP clone I tried was $249.

marnold
May 14th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Music Go Round is blowing out the remaining Anthem stock. The company failed to do a proper trademark search before they built a bunch of guitars with the Anthem name on them. :thwap
Wow. Just wow. I can't imagine starting a company without doing a trademark search, especially for a name that is a bona fide English word.

Spudman
May 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Wow. Just wow. I can't imagine starting a company without doing a trademark search, especially for a name that is a bona fide English word.

I certainly hope the young guys that started this company have done a bunch of :thwap :thwap :thwap