PDA

View Full Version : Prisongig in June

Jimi75
May 17th, 2010, 04:57 AM
We have just been booked to play a prisongig "jailhouserock" in June.
Never did that before so I am really looking forward to entertain the inmates with 2 hours of music. We play two hours there and the same day we play an open air in another town. The gigs just fly in these days, it's great!

Any of you guys played a prisongig before? What was it like?

That's the place:
http://www.jva-willich1.nrw.de/start.jpg

mainestratman
May 17th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Don't get shivved, please.. lol

Jimi75
May 17th, 2010, 05:26 AM
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?

I hope these guys don't bring their selfmade "instruments" to the gig!

Tig
May 17th, 2010, 06:02 AM
You can check out any time you like,
but you can never leave.

http://www.hypebeast.com/image/2008/09/johnny-cash-folsom-prison-screening.jpg

Katastrophe
May 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Jimi, have a good gig, but man, I'm gonna give you a warning about safety. Do exactly what the guards tell you to do, and don't bring anything that they tell you not to bring, no matter how silly it may sound.

Fights break out with little to no warning and can get ugly real quick. A band playing would be a good distraction for someone to settle a score, as it's human nature for folks, guards included, to want to see the show.

I've never played a prison gig, but if it can get nasty in the county jail that I worked at, imagine what it could be like if someone is in there for an extended time and has little to lose by causing some mayhem.

Please report in as to how it all went!

Jimi75
May 17th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Jimi, have a good gig, but man, I'm gonna give you a warning about safety. Do exactly what the guards tell you to do, and don't bring anything that they tell you not to bring, no matter how silly it may sound.

Fights break out with little to no warning and can get ugly real quick. A band playing would be a good distraction for someone to settle a score, as it's human nature for folks, guards included, to want to see the show.

I've never played a prison gig, but if it can get nasty in the county jail that I worked at, imagine what it could be like if someone is in there for an extended time and has little to lose by causing some mayhem.

Please report in as to how it all went!

We have already received a feedback from the board of the prison and they said we should bring as little equipment as possible, so the check doesn't take too long. For me this is Jimmie Vaughan Strat and my old Line6 Flextone amph.

I hope the inmates stay cool. Will report of course how it went. The gig is set for June, 20. Still some time...

Robert
May 17th, 2010, 04:10 PM
This sounds incredibly interesting... hope you make it outta there alive! :)

Are you gonna play Fulsom Prison Blues? ;)

N5Ts4M3irWM

marnold
May 17th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Or "I Fought the Law and the Law Won"