PDA

View Full Version : No good demo for this product on the tube?

Jimi75
May 17th, 2010, 03:22 PM
How many times did you cruise youtube in search of a good demo of a piece of gear you admire and you only find these crappy vids. It happened so many times to me. A guitar you like and the guys in the vids only play Metal riffs, a pedal you like and the video quality is below zero, an amph you would love to hear and the kid demoing can't play. :help

Maybe we can help each other, four eyes see more than two. Post what you are looking for or post a link for the requests.

Here's my request for good demos:
1. Epiphone Les Paul 1959 Standard or 60s Tribute - blues licks, blues style playing
2. Gibson or either Epiphone Firebird - no Johnny Winter nor Metal riffs
3. Tech21 Trademark60 - just some good sounding demo
4. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Covering all options of this amp
5. Fulltone Plimsoul pedal

:AOK

Katastrophe
May 17th, 2010, 03:32 PM
How many times did you cruise youtube in search of a good demo of a piece of gear you admire and you only find these crappy vids. It happened so many times to me. A guitar you like and the guys in the vids only play Metal riffs, a pedal you like and the video quality is below zero, an amph you would love to hear and the kid demoing can't play. :help

:AOK

My wife said just yesterday: "Why are you watching that crappy video? You can play better than that."

Me: "Cuz I'm trying to find out what (product) sounds like without driving all over creation looking for (product).

I volunteer Robert to beg, borrow or steal your suggested equipment and demo it all...:poke

Eric
May 18th, 2010, 07:10 AM
3. Tech21 Trademark60 - just some good sounding demo
You could ask markb for some clips. I know the Tech 21 website has some pretty good demos up right now.

deeaa
May 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Fender HRD I can maybe help with. Here:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/juho/bm/mp3.html

There's two links there and both were played with a HRD mostly, on the 2nd song the starting clean guitar is a DeVille, though...but they're very similar amps, the HRD only having one dirtier channel more.

Guitars used were a PRS standard for 1st song and the 2nd the same but the cleaner is a Les Paul with a neck pup halved to dual singlecoil mode.

Both are from my band in 1998, although on the 1st song I play bass and the 2nd the clean rhythm guitar.