PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Rose and B string

progrmr
May 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
So my guitar rescue mini-project is coming along nicely. I've never had a floyd rose though - I got my string lock inserts from stewmac today and put them in and strung up a set of D'Addario super light guage.

I'm having trouble getting the action set right with the pivot points of the bridge, and on the B string I'm getting some weird ringing sound when it's played open like the string is just barely touching something. But the action is very high right now and it still does it.

About the only thing I can think of is that the string isn't quite in the saddle right with the string lock in the bridge. Any other ideas?

progrmr
May 19th, 2010, 07:05 AM
update - I think this was caused by the pivot points not being level. The top was further down than the bottom pivot point and this seems to cause the problem. I tweaked the other pivot point and the noise went away.

It's getting there - just tweaking a little bit at a time to get the action as low as possible without buzzing :)

marnold
May 19th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I read your post but was at a loss as to what to do. Floyds are different beasts and they can be a bit of a pain to get set up. Once they are, though, it's awesome.

ryan99
June 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM
maybe your intonation is off alittle? or is it fret buzz or something? try getting a setup