PDA

View Full Version : My new keyboard

kiteman
May 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I went got me a keyboard even though I haven't played 'em much but I saw a good deal on MF for a keyboard and a survival kit package for $90 or $99 I forget which.

It's a Yamaha PRS-E223 and for an entry level it's heavily loaded. I'm only learning on it little by little because I rather play my guitar. Duh!

It's interesting though with 370 voices and a GT-10 hooked to it. :dude

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6796/s5030037.jpg (http://img62.imageshack.us/i/s5030037.jpg/)

Monkus
June 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
cool!

Tig
June 4th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I'm not allowed to enter the keyboard section at local music shops anymore... I kept ruining them with drool!

Seriously, for just messing around, Yamaha makes some great cheapie keyboards. Better than the equivalent priced Casio's.
I'd like to get one myself, but I know that will lead me down the path of keyboard GAS! A Roland Fantom purchase would put me in the doghouse.

kiteman
June 4th, 2010, 04:02 PM
This keyboard is certainly nice. Geared toward a beginner with lessons and songs plus lots of other stuff like one key/two key chords and split keyboard.

I'm afraid I haven't played with it much since I'm so used to my guitars that I feel funny fingering the keys.

pes_laul
October 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I'm not allowed to enter the keyboard section at local music shops anymore... I kept ruining them with drool!

Seriously, for just messing around, Yamaha makes some great cheapie keyboards. Better than the equivalent priced Casio's.
I'd like to get one myself, but I know that will lead me down the path of keyboard GAS! A Roland Fantom purchase would put me in the doghouse.
Bump. lol. Yeah the entry level casios suck compared to yamahas in the same price range. I have an older version of that keyboard and it sounds great.

sunvalleylaw
October 14th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Santa brought us a Yamaha keyboard (from Costco) a couple years back. Weighted keys, full octaves, and it rocks! Congrats on yours!