PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul Standard 2010 Limited

MAXIFUNK
May 19th, 2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.themusiczoo.com/blog/2010/gibson-les-paul-standard-2010-limited-revealed/

What do you guys think of this Guitar?

Heywood Jablomie
May 19th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I was recently at Portland Music, and had fun checking out a bunch of guitars, the last of which was a new Gibson LP. As the owner of a mundane Epiphone, I was expecting to be blown away. In short, I wasn't. IMO, that's a helluva lot of money to not be blown away.

Katastrophe
May 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Well, I dig the paint job and the P90/humbucker format. I'm not up on piezo pups, so I can't comment on those. I'm still trying to figure out if it's pronounced "peeAYzoe" or "PIEzoe."

I don't know how the "typical Gibby buyer" is going to recieve this one. To be sure, it's gonna cost a buttload of money.

I'm more impressed with the new Gold Top Studio with P90s than I am with this one, to be honest. That one was a stroke of genius for Gibson to come out with, and at a price attainable for mere mortals.

I'm really hoping that the Bonamassa sig that Epiphone comes out with is a good one.

Jimi75
November 29th, 2010, 07:47 AM
At least it doesn't look like an UFO. Still it is not flashing me. I could live with not buying it :-)