PDA

View Full Version : Easy summer pasta salad

Spudman
May 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
This is a good refrigerator staple that satisfies and is simple to make. Good for when you are in a hurry because it's already made and sitting in the fridge.

1 box (1 lb) medium shell or piccolini pasta
1 teaspoon salt
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 can large black olives
1 can artichoke hearts
1 large clove garlic
(optional 1/4 purple or red onion)
Zesty Italian dressing

Boil pasta with salt until al dente - drain and rinse with cold water - set aside

Cut peppers in half - drain olives - drain artichoke hearts. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT dressing into food processor and pulse until everything is finely chopped.

Pour this mixture into cooled pasta and stir until blended. Now add 1/4- 1/3 bottle Zesty Italian dressing - stir and taste - add more dressing if desired.

This will keep well in a covered plastic container in the fridge. Always ready as an entre' or side dish to go with burgers, fish or any of the usual summer foods.

Robert
May 20th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Nice! That looks yummy "on paper"! Bet it is in real life too.

Thanks Spuddie.

Spudman
May 20th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I get kudos from all sorts of people for this easy dish. I'm sure you'll like it and the whole thing, that lasts a long time, probably costs less than $5 Merican and feeds an army.

SuperSwede
May 21st, 2010, 09:04 AM
MMm sounds good! Just wondering about the Zesty Italian dressing, I havent seen that one in our stores, what can you replace it with?

Spudman
May 21st, 2010, 10:35 AM
MMm sounds good! Just wondering about the Zesty Italian dressing, I havent seen that one in our stores, what can you replace it with?

Regular Italian I would guess. It just wont have the zing that you get from the zesty variety.

SuperSwede
May 22nd, 2010, 04:38 AM
Regular Italian I would guess. It just wont have the zing that you get from the zesty variety.

Found a recipy, might as well try to do my own!

http://www.grouprecipes.com/55709/zesty-italian-dressing.html