PDA

View Full Version : Orange gets into PC's

Zip
May 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I love my Orange™ amph. Have you heard about the new Orange™ computer (http://www.orangeamps.com/features.asp?ID=163)? Seems like a niche idea, but it sure looks cool!

tremoloman
May 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
I've never heard of Orange amps but that PC looks kinda cool. :)

What kinds of sounds do you get from your Orange? I think they look sharp.

Robert
May 21st, 2010, 07:23 AM
Seems like a strange idea.

Tig
May 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM
It sure beats having a frigile laptop on stage.
I can see owning an amp for decades, but the PC part will become "outdated" in, oh...
Oops, it already happened! :mybad

bcdon
May 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
And when it crashes you no longer hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, instead it's WAMMY BAR+BRIDGE HB+Open E :dude

It looks pretty cool.

markb
May 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Makes sense. The original Orange amps were about as reliable as Windoze :) The "reissues" are much better.

Eric
May 21st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Makes sense. The original Orange amps were about as reliable as Windoze :) The "reissues" are much better.
I saw a show once where the lead guitarist was repeatedly pounding his Orange head to try to get it to turn on, but eventually needed to bring out some sort of Fender to play for the rest of the night.

...or maybe it was the other way around. The Fender amp had a huge logo in front that lit up when it was on -- that much I do remember.

Zip
May 21st, 2010, 08:58 PM
What kinds of sounds do you get from your Orange?
Creamy wonderfulness.

Back in the day, if you were a UK rocker your choices in amphs were Marshall, Orange or HiWatt. You may not realize it yet, but you absolutely need an Orange Tiny Terror. Play through one at your local Guitars 'R Us, and you'll know I'm right :)