PDA

View Full Version : Zeppelin Tribute Tour

Robert
May 21st, 2010, 10:01 AM
A major Led Zeppelin tour is being planned for later this year. Just one thing: it won't feature any of the members of Led Zeppelin. What it will feature, however, is Jason Bonham, the son of Zep's late drummer John Bonham.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/led-zeppelin-tribute-tour-planned-by-jason-bonham-249657

Called Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, the tour is still in the early stages of planning. But it is said to be 30-date, multi-media show to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John Bonham's passing.

The 43-year-old, who played with surviving Zeppelin members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul at the group's much-celebrated show at London's O2 Arena in 2007, was gung-ho to hit the road with Zep for a full-scale tour. But after Robert Plant pulled out and suitable replacements couldn't be found, those plans were laid to rest.

But that isn't stopping Bonham from mounting his own Zeppelin tour, and he's even searching for possible collaborators for the show, which will illustrate the band's history through archive footage and live performances.

tremoloman
May 22nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
If Jason picks the right musicians I think it could work. Since he's promoting it as a tribute, it doesn't have to have the real players.

I'd love to see Eric Johnson, John 5, <fill in your favorite guitarists name> get together and crank out Zeppelin tunes. Sounds like a fun time!

Katastrophe
May 22nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Sounds cool to me! It would be like Dweezil Zappa doing the "Zappa Plays Zappa Tour". If done right, it could be a fitting and loving tribute to his dad and bandmates.

If done wrong, however, it could be a real mess.

Riley
May 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
That sounds excellent! 8)

Tone2TheBone
May 27th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I'm so there if it comes to town.