PDA

View Full Version : Another Loopin Louie

Mark
October 8th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Today was my 52nd birthday and everyone got Dad .........you got it GC gift cards!!!!WooHOOOO! So I went and got the Boss RC20XL. What a fun pedal!! This thing is great for lots of things but real good for practicing I would imagine with some practice you could use it for live type situations. Im finding its real easy to experiment with different chord and scale modes as well as learning to harmonizing various scales. While you can lay tracks to practice to with your DAW this does the punching in and out on the fly and is a lot quicker working out ideas with then doing them on your DAW. Then once you got it down you can I did a lot of reading on these and the only complaint I heard about this pedal was some said the playback sound was not quite up to snuff but I gotta tell ya Im not hearing it. I just started scratching the surface with this, only had it for a couple of hours. If your a home player or if your jamming buddies drink too much this thing is the schnitz for a practice tool, its real easy to use and just plain fun! I highly recommend it.

Spudman
October 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Congrats Mark! Way good investment huh? :)

I love mine and it helps me be creative when all else is failing. I don't have any sound complaints either. I did find that it's finicky about which power supply to use. I suggest the manufacturer recommended adapter. Most everything else I've tried (attempting to be thrifty) produced noise from the unit.

There is just soooo much that you can do with it. It's like a whole new musical world opening up.

Enjoy. I know you will, eh, are.

PS. Happy Birthday.