PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Beck - Somewhere Over the Rainbow + Interview

Robert
May 24th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Dude's got some feeling eh?

Look at how he slaps his head at the end - obviously not happy about some mistake in there.

You can also see his Fender Pro Juniors here.

M0FT7FO5Xe8

Interview here -
tc-Sei_cd9c

Zip
May 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Pretty much from Truth to his latest, I can sit & listen to Jeff all day any day. Very classy guitarist.

Jimi75
May 25th, 2010, 07:59 AM
The Juniors do a great job, don't they? Ahhhh, I like!
His playing is so not of this earth. It's a joy watching and listening to Jeff.

The :thwap in the end is very unusual for Jeff I think. Very good to see that he is only human :AOK

Geraint Jones
May 25th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I'm glad he explained why he wears empty bean cans on his arms.

vroomery
May 25th, 2010, 09:31 PM
This reminded me of Jeff Beck's arrangement of "A Day In The Life". The tone is very similar to the part where he starts to dig in a little more in "over the rainbow".

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldSyXe85rVg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldSyXe85rVg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

marnold
May 26th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I really can't stand to hear somebody play "Over the Rainbow" no matter how talented they are. For some reason, it makes me want to light things on fire.

Robert
May 26th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Are you doing okay, Marnold? I'm getting worried.... ;)

marnold
May 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Are you doing okay, Marnold? I'm getting worried.... ;)
Apart from the twitching, blurred vision, and constant barking, I'm doing just fine :)

jpfeifer
May 27th, 2010, 06:31 AM
That was amazing. Over the Rainbow would be one hard song to perform live, especially with all of those vibrato bends, etc. I saw Jeff Beck a few years ago and it was still one the most impressive shows I've ever seen. Over the years I find that it's more and more difficult to see a show that really knocks me over, like it did when I first saw a really good guitar player live for the first time (such as the first time I saw Eric Johnson, Steve Morris, or Al DiMiola, etc). But even after all of that exposure to some great players over the years, Jeff Beck was the one guy who still makes me feel that same way. He doesn't sound like he is copying anyone, he is just making great music. He is one of the most orginal guitar players out there, and still playing great.

--Jim