PDA

View Full Version : Teaser......

gregsguitars
May 26th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Here is my 52 ,yes she is all original and I am the second owner.

duhvoodooman
May 26th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Very cool. Do you have it entered in the LPF Goldtop Registry (http://www.lespaulforum.com/registry/)?

When I was a teenager and just starting to play guitar, the father of a friend that lived across the street had an old Goldtop. Not sure if it was a '52, but I know it had P90's and the trapeze tailpiece. Story HERE (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=442).

Katastrophe
May 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
*gulp* *stammers while wiping away drool*

Beautiful guitar, Greg. It must have cost a fortune!

ZMAN
May 31st, 2010, 06:46 AM
From the angle of the second picture it has some nice checking going on.
I would like to see a closer pic of the front of it. I have a 2006 gold top and I complained on the Les Paul forum about some checking going on it already. I thought it was cracking due to the chambered body. I got laughed at by the guys on that forum. They let me know in no uncertain terms that I was REALLY lucky to have it starting already,and that is was "just what Gold Tops do".

hubberjub
June 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
So, it's been a week since Greg posted those pictures and we haven't heard from him since. Has the shear ecstasy of owning such a guitar led to his demise? Could a piece of gear cause instantaneous death? I want to know.

duhvoodooman
June 2nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
So, it's been a week since Greg posted those pictures and we haven't heard from him since. Has the shear ecstasy of owning such a guitar led to his demise? Could a piece of gear cause instantaneous death? I want to know.
Hey, it's possible. If so, at least we know he died happy.

"Well, I finally have the perfect guitar and no longer want any other! My GAS is cured!!......GAAAACK!!!" (thud)

poodlesrule
June 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM

Maybe some other gear he owns did not take this ecstasy level too well... jealousy gets ugly sometimes...

I hope it did not involve high amperage.

Brian Krashpad
June 4th, 2010, 08:19 AM

At the value of that thing it's more likely he died in a home invasion.

Godspeed Greg!

MAXIFUNK
June 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Here is my 52 ,yes she is all original and I am the second owner.

I have nice home for when ever your ready!!! LOL

Tig
June 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I have nice home for when ever your ready!!! LOL

I'm saving myself for a '56 Goldtop.
:notme

gregsguitars
June 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Sorry guys and dolls I have been in Nashville meeting with a good friend and custom builder , Mark Taylor, his father was Tut Taylor, look him up (Tut) on the web . Mighty interesting family. I also have been corresponding with my old friend Billy Grammer and his brother on the recent purchase they made from me on a few original blue label R.G. and G. "Grammer " guitars out of my collection ( I remember when people laughed at me for scarfing all of them up). I was also celebrating my big "50" with my lovely wife and just hanging out catching bands and digging life. Actually the goldtop is not to bad as far as price goes , I would take 16.5 K for her . The checking is great front and back.I will post some more pic for those that asked. Better not put to much up as my yard can only accommodate so many tents..........

gregsguitars
June 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hows these here purdy pictures?

gregsguitars
June 9th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Here are a few more....well one more anyways, I got tired of all my files being to big to post, to busy to spend time resizing them as I need them the size they are for sales purposes.Oh yes it is the same guitar , I placed vintage correct Bigsby and dogbone bridge I had lying around on her to show what it could look like