PDA

View Full Version : New Lennon Movie

sunvalleylaw
May 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
http://nowhereboy.com/

Could be interesting!

R_of_G
May 27th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Ugh. No more biopics. They are almost always factually inaccurate. Is the documentary a dead medium? I guess people prefer fiction to non-fiction.

sunvalleylaw
May 27th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I like PBS docus best. This would be "edutainment" at best I bet. Still could be fun if you take it as a somewhat fictional tale of what his life could have been like, if things were way more interesting than real life. ;-)

R_of_G
May 27th, 2010, 07:27 AM
...a somewhat fictional tale of what his life could have been like, if things were way more interesting than real life. ;-)

Excellent Steve. You just summed up every biopic ever made. :applause

Tig
May 27th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I'll skip it and watch Martin Scorsese's "Living in the Material World: George Harrison" coming out later this year or next year.

R_of_G
May 27th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'll skip it and watch Martin Scorsese's "Living in the Material World: George Harrison" coming out later this year or next year.

I'm looking forward to that one as well, though I hope Scorcese understands George better than he understood The Band.

Commodore 64
May 27th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I just can't get into the Beatles. Howard Stern carries on and on and on about John Lennon sometimes. Loves him.

I think Dee Snider is more interesting that all of the Beatles combined, and I don't even like Twisted Sister all that much.