PDA

View Full Version : Robert ran a marathon!!!

tot_Ou_tard
October 9th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Congrats Robert! Was that your first one?

Robert
October 9th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks! No, it was my 4th. I have run Stockholm Marathon twice, Victoria Marathon once and Portland once. Getting a good workout is good for your guitar playing!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Thats incredable Robert ...what you need to do is convince the organizers to implement a new sector where you re-string a strat , tune it and play a recognizable version of "walk dont run ".....you'd win fer shure ... 6S9L

Iago
October 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Robert, you can try go to Guinness running from Canada to Argentina playing a guitar! :D

tot_Ou_tard
October 9th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks! No, it was my 4th. I have run Stockholm Marathon twice, Victoria Marathon once and Portland once. Getting a good workout is good for your guitar playing!
I find that amazing. I never had the urge to run a marathon, but I admire (the stupidity :D ) of those that do.

Great job Robert!

Spudman
October 9th, 2006, 05:50 PM
You know if you'd stop spending your money on musical equipment you could afford a bike so that you wouldn't have to run. Cycling clothes look much cooler than running clothes too.:D

tot_Ou_tard
October 9th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Cycling clothes look much cooler than running clothes too.:D
There was a typo in your post Spudz. I think you meant disturbing.

I don't wanna see your spudz. :eek:

Spudman
October 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
There was a typo in your post Spudz. I think you meant disturbing.

I don't wanna see your spudz. :eek:

That really depends on how fast you are whether or not you'll see em
.;)
Oh, and congratulations Robert. It takes some mighty 'spudz' to run that long.

Leonidas
October 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Congrats Robert!!!! Thats fantastic. i'm a runner myself, although the longest race I've run is a half marathon. I ran cross country through highschool, and helped my team win the Pennsylvania state championship. Been running ever since, just getting around to some races perhaps this fall if things go well for me.

Congrats again!

Robert
October 9th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys! I am going to run Chicago Marathon next year. I have had achilles injury problems this whole season. It's getting better though.

Maybe I should set a world record in playing as many notes as possible on a guitar while running a marathon!? :) People do a lot of crazy stuff just to get into the Guiness book. Some do crazy stuff to just get a Guiness... Maybe I'll do both.:cool:

Oh, another thing. I am running the Death Race (http://www.canadiandeathrace.com/v2/MainPage.html) next year. Yes, that's right - the Death Race! Check out their website. It's a killer race! :DR

zeusse
October 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Good for you Robert I just jog a few kilometers in the track behind my house before hockey. My backyard comes to the back of the school so its convenient and I don't have to worry about getting run over by those old guys in their electric scooters. Don't know if I could run a long marathon but maybe I should give it a go even if I end up jogging the last bit to the end..lol

carp3nt3r
October 18th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Good luck with that one Robert, Ive noticed most people have lots of guiness, then do the crazy stuff and some make it into the newspapers !!
heheh carp3nt3r.

Spudman
October 18th, 2006, 07:48 AM
:) People do a lot of crazy stuff just to get into the Guiness book. Some do crazy stuff to just get a Guiness... Maybe I'll do both.:cool:

:DR

What? They have a book for drinking beer? Well then I should be in it. I've kept those Guiness boys in business for years. I'm not a passive Irishman.;)