PDA

View Full Version : how can I put photos on this site

riverrick
May 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I've tried to download some photos to this site but they say that they're too big. How can i solve this problem???

mapka
May 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I also had this problem. You will need to resize the photos on your computer using a photoshop type program. If you don't have one and you are using windows, Paint will also work.

Robert
May 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
You should use a photo storing site such as www.flickr.com, www.picasaweb.com, www.dropshots.com, www.photobucket.com, www.keepandshare.com, etc and then link to the images from your posts.

Spudman
May 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Create an account on photobucket.com or imageshack.com. Uploaad your photos. Then when you determine which photos on that account that you want to post on thefret.net then copy the 'direct link' url to the photo. Click on the yellow square on the 'post reply' menu bar and paste your url in the window provided.

riverrick
May 27th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the info....will give it a shot

Tig
May 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
An excellent, free image viewer/editor app is IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/).
It is super easy to resize and/or convert image file types. I use it on everything from 80x80 avatars to images off the Canon.

riverrick
May 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Man I give up. I've tried Photobucket, Picasa, and others. Just not tech saavy. Can't figure any of them out. So no pictures for me I guess.....bummer!!!

Commodore 64
May 28th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Email them to me and I'll host them.

Spudman
May 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Man I give up. I've tried Photobucket, Picasa, and others. Just not tech saavy. Can't figure any of them out. So no pictures for me I guess.....bummer!!!

Go to photo bucket - create an account - click 'upload photos' - point upload toward the pictures on your computer - select the ones you want ' click 'upload' or 'open'.

riverrick
May 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
WOW....What an ordeal getting these pic on here!!! Guess I'm just a BIG dummy!!! Thanks to all for your help. I was finally successful in getting them on. Thanks again for all the help!!!