PDA

View Full Version : 64 Bassman Computer Speaker

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 9th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Had way too much time on my hands today my friends... got to thinking , wouldn't it be cool to have a set of computer speakers that were a scale model of my 64 bassman cab . HMMMM.. took some measurements and hit the web looking for some program to scale down the measurements of the real thing ...scaled measurements in hand i hit the workshop grabbed a can of molson and began chopping wood , cut the tops, bottoms , sides and put em together , made some supports for the back panel and baffle , found an old set of computer speakers ripe for canibalization and got another molson ...sized up the whole thing and thought way to late to turn back now so ..i cut the baffle and had another molson . The libations had a soothing effect and i began wondering what i could use for tolex and grill cloth, still not shure , ..anyway this thing began to take on a life of its own , thoughts of robbing the amplifier section out of a set of powered computer speakers and building a scale version of the head , figured i could take some pics of my logos and faceplate and resize them to fit my project , got thirsty and had another molson ... anyway i made a little progress but still need some help on the tolex and grill cloth improvisations keeping in mind the scale must work , anybody got any suggestions ... after a few more molsons i began thinking of how cool a couple of scale marshall cabs would look flanking my monitor , got to do it .. heres a few pics of my project , keep in mind how cool it will look with a black tolex covering and some silver grill cloth , and maybe a powered head ....YE GODS ... 6S9L... Oh yeah HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Robert
October 9th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Ahh, that's awesome! Yeah, Marshall cabs would look great indeed. I don't have any suggestion on how you make it realistic, but kudos to you for being so creative. Those Molsons give you great ideas, eh?

Nelskie
October 9th, 2006, 02:33 PM
You be careful with those power tools, 69SL - esp. w/ a sixer of Molson's in ya'. Don't want to have to re-learn to play guitar like Jerry Garcia or Tony Iommi! ;)

tot_Ou_tard
October 9th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Really cool idea. Careful with the Molsons or you might end up trashing the speakers while listening to the Who Live @ Leeds.

Spudman
October 9th, 2006, 05:54 PM
The Molson application also imparts a vintage tone to three inch speakers.:D

M29
October 9th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Is there room in there for your tweeter?:eek:

M29

SuperSwede
October 10th, 2006, 01:49 AM
6s9l, thats going to be awesome! Keep us updated on this project.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 10th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Tolex installation , too much molson yesterday , too much contact cement tonight ...i'll keep ya posted ....

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
More sawdust , more molson , :cool: gotta make the amp section out of the computer speakers fit in the head , anybody know how to scale a picture , need to get a pic of the faceplate scaled to 1/4 scale .. any photography geeks out there ... need fender logo's scaled too ..

Robert
October 12th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Cool man! How encouraging to see you are checking out the Fret while you are working on your project and doing web math!

Scale a picture - do you mean resize a photo? I recommend www.irfanview.com for a free photo program that really works well. If you get that program, go to to Edit/Resample and pick your size.

tot_Ou_tard
October 12th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Nice pics! You can even see The Fret in the background! Let's see...

Amph/room dynamics... duhVoodoMan

POD XT Live Nelskie

Looper Pedals Spudman

Positions? Plank Spanker

GFS toploader bridge for... kerc

"General question"... Warren (hard to tell, but it looks like it is one of the first 7 or 8 hundred of them)

& I didn't even have any Molsons!

SuperSwede
October 13th, 2006, 11:39 AM
6s9l, looks like its going to be great! No wonder with the generous amount of lager you seem to drink :D

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Big And Little.....

Plank_Spanker
October 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Big And Little.....

LOL!! That's super cool!

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Echoing Spanky.

That is so freakin' cool!

Now you just need to turn your mouse into a microstrat with the mouse cord as the guitar chord.

SuperSwede
October 15th, 2006, 12:26 PM
6s9l....

!!!!!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE! FANTASTIC! AMAZING! (I wish I had 1% of your creative talent)

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 15th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks , dudes.. but there was something missing ..ahh the molsons ..it is a fun little project , not finished yet , not while there is still beer in the cooler ...6S9L

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks , dudes.. but there was something missing ..ahh the molsons ..it is a fun little project , not finished yet , not while there is still beer in the cooler ...6S9L

I was *just* gonna' ask about the Molsons!!

But you're fibbing, we know that they're were more than 2 involved in this project!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 22nd, 2006, 06:41 PM
Sneak peek at my powered stack computer/laptop speakers, not quite finished but i couldn't resist , gotta build the other side of the stereo pair this week , and finish the detail stuff ...

Spudman
October 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
6S9L
You definitely got the cute speaker thing goin' on bro. :D

tot_Ou_tard
October 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Rockin' sweet 9lives.

Tinky-Winky
October 23rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
Now for the all important question - how do they sound?

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2006, 07:47 AM
Thats pretty dang cool.....you rule! :)