PDA

View Full Version : 'Shake It' song now complete with leads

deeaa
May 28th, 2010, 06:40 AM
OK, also very quick mix like the previous 'Lemonade' but much in the same vein, Shake it:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/lzm/CanWait/shake_28_5_10.mp3

I'll have to start mixing it proper later on, but it's also rather complete anyway now. Just one more to prepare and soon we can start mxing a 3-song Ep for proper! :-)

Eric
May 30th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Ah, I know this one!

I think the fairly muted background vocals add some good texture in the verses and aren't in the way, but you might want to boost them up in the chorus, since it seems like a call-and-answer thing.

I know some people said the vocals were a little low in "Lemonade", and I think the same could be said about this one.

I love the start of the solo. Good mix on this one. The original was pretty good already, but I like this version better. Honestly, I do find myself humming the little solo outro quite a bit after listening to this song.

deeaa
May 31st, 2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks! Yeah, Kari, the lead guitarist has a great knack for lifting the whole songs to new heights whenever he adds his guitar parts. Always regarded him the best lead guitarist I've worked with :-)

syo
May 31st, 2010, 07:46 AM
I like it alot dee. Very well done. :applause

I realize it's a rough mix but I have to comment anyway...
I agree with Eric about the vocals. I think if they were brought forward, in your face, it would bring it all together. It feels as though you are hiding a bit, something that shouldn't be hidden. The vocals sound good and I especially like some of the phrasing. Just wish they were more slapping me in the face than talking to me from the next room. :punch:

Really do like the song. I hope you'll post some more mixes if possible.