PDA

View Full Version : 0.25 watt PP amp

jim p
May 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Well not sure if this should be posted here or with the pedals but this is a low watt push pull amp I have running and am tweaking. I attached some pictures of the little guy next to my coffee mug.

PS Just to add the final amp will have a three position gain switch, gain control, tone control, volume control, speaker out and line out. Inside will be a built in speaker load so the amp can be used with just the line out for an overdrive box. An external in/out footswitch box will need to be used if you need to switch between overdrive and clean but that will keep you from stepping on the amp.

red
May 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Well not sure if this should be posted here or with the pedals but this is a low watt push pull amp I have running and am tweaking. I attached some pictures of the little guy next to my coffee mug.
That's awesome! Post samples when it's done :).
I see you're using WIMA metal film caps, excellent choice.

jim p
June 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Here is a sound clip of the amp played through a Weber Signature AlNiCo 8 inch speaker. The preamp tube is a 6112 the output tube a 6111 output transformer is a Triad 230 VAC / 6.3 VAC power supply transformer. Maximum Watts out of the amplifier is 0.25 Watts.

jim p
June 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Here are some pictures of the amp

guitarhack
June 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Sounds great, Jim! Very cool amp. Congratulations.

Bow
June 16th, 2010, 02:43 PM
cool project..

The first tube amp I built was the "Firefly"

It runs a 12AU7 power section for an output of about 0.75 watts...

Sounds good

jim p
June 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Had parts for three so this is the second amp with a different paint job then the first. Going to look into doing a 1 watt or better SE amp using a 5902 pentode in a box just over twice the size of this one next.

DeanEVO_Dude
June 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Had parts for three so this is the second amp with a different paint job then the first. Going to look into doing a 1 watt or better SE amp using a 5902 pentode in a box just over twice the size of this one next.

Excellent stuff, Jim!