PDA

View Full Version : Classic Players Strat

Duffy
May 31st, 2010, 02:44 AM
I have been looking at the Classic Players Strat with the gold trim and the vintage noisless pickups.

Anyone have any specific knowledge of one of these strats and how they compare to an American Standard or MIM standard?

The vintage noisless pickups are definitely enticing.

I notice, however, that Fender has a new noisless, N three pickups out, and of course there are the hot noiseless pickups.

With the various noiseless pups available on the different strats, I'm wondering how people are rating the Classic Players strats.

They are fairly priced strats and have a good feature set and the ash body. The switching with the button for the bridge neck combo and all three seems like a nice option.

Any feedback on these awesome looking guitars is appreciated.

ZMAN
May 31st, 2010, 06:00 AM
Duffy: The Strat you are describing I think is the Deluxe Players Strat. It had the gold hardware, Tort gaurd, and 12 inch radius, extra pickup selector button, and VNoisless pickups.
I had the 3 color burst with maple board. I really like it but I had three Burst strats, and I used it on trade for my Les Paul classic.
If it is the guitar you are looking at, it came in several colors and all were transparent finishes. All had the Tort gaurd and ti had rosewood or maple neck. The neck was chuncky and the tone from the body was excellent. I liked the pickup button because you could get some really nice tones with it.
Gold hardware didn't tarnish after many years and kind of wish I still had it.
The VN pickups are excellent. A really nice guitar for the money.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/IMG_1129.jpg

Robert
May 31st, 2010, 08:40 AM
I had a Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster. I've got more info on www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars/fender_deluxe_players_strat/

Here's a demo.

k5XZ_x47-Og

ZMAN
May 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Actually Robert also had a Deluxe Player Strat. Fender seems to have many versions of the Classic Player Strat. They have a 50s, 60s and 70s, and a Custom shop designed also. Very confusing. The Deluxe is a MIM with a lot of U.S. hardware and Electronics. It basically has an S-1 switch but not incorportated into the volume control. It came with a deluxe gig bag and a 12 inch radius on the neck. I think they were going for about 699 int he US.
I paid 749 in Canada.

Bilsdragon
May 31st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Damn Robert, You make me want to practice more and play better.....:applause

MAXIFUNK
June 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM
Duffy: The Strat you are describing I think is the Deluxe Players Strat. It had the gold hardware, Tort gaurd, and 12 inch radius, extra pickup selector button, and VNoisless pickups.
I had the 3 color burst with maple board. I really like it but I had three Burst strats, and I used it on trade for my Les Paul classic.
If it is the guitar you are looking at, it came in several colors and all were transparent finishes. All had the Tort gaurd and ti had rosewood or maple neck. The neck was chuncky and the tone from the body was excellent. I liked the pickup button because you could get some really nice tones with it.
Gold hardware didn't tarnish after many years and kind of wish I still had it.
The VN pickups are excellent. A really nice guitar for the money.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/IMG_1129.jpg

+1 on this guitar i played 2 different ones and like them both a very cool axe to have in the collection for sure.

Duffy
June 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I got a new Nashville telecaster, honey blonde ash body, rosewood neck, three tex mex pickups, stratomatic five way switching. Awesome guitar. Does not sound like a strat. Great tones however.

More to follow.

Bloozcat
June 11th, 2010, 06:26 AM
It's always such a pleasure to listen to you play, Robert. :AOK