PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo is safe... Godzilla has moved to Texas. (Apartment living content)

Katastrophe
May 31st, 2010, 07:47 AM
We live on the bottom floor of an apartment complex. The buildings are brand new and are very well made, insulated, etc.

I can't hear my next door neighbors when they blast their music during the day. The only way I can tell they're even playing anything is when I go outside, and we share a common wall.

We have a new neighbor that moved in last week, directly upstairs from us.

The noise started immediately. Move ins are noisy... I get that. But, at 10:30 at night? THUMPTHUMPTHUMP... BOOOM! CRASH! It starts all over again at 7:00 am.

I expect a letter of thanks from the citizens of Tokyo, thanking us for taking Godzilla off their hands.

Rant over. That is all.

Spudman
May 31st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Oooo, sorry for that. Being on a lower floor is never a good thing. The only solution I can think of is to move before you go ballistic. I hate people walking on my head especially when I want to sleep.

Katastrophe
May 31st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Oooo, sorry for that. Being on a lower floor is never a good thing. The only solution I can think of is to move before you go ballistic. I hate people walking on my head especially when I want to sleep.

Nah... not gonna go ballistic. I'll get used to it. It's just a pain getting readjusted to apartment life. We're fortunate that our neighbors across from us are cool.

kiteman
May 31st, 2010, 06:45 PM
You can pick your nose but you can't pick your neighbors. :)

Tig
May 31st, 2010, 07:28 PM
I don't miss apartments.
Owning a house can be a pain, but at least it's my pain... well, after 18 more years of payments, that is! :eek:

sunvalleylaw
May 31st, 2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry about that Kat, enjoy this though.

lVYDA5ko940&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVYDA5ko940&feature=related

bigoldron
June 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM
You can pick your nose but you can't pick your neighbors. :)

Or your family.... :what