I'm an old guy :)

Been playing since 1978

Guitars currently on hand:
'86 Les Paul Standard, Burgundy, Chrome
American Fender Strat
Two Hamer Explorers, one Mahogany, one Maple/Korina
'59 Re-issue Danelectro Modified Spec
Kramer Focus 1000
Original Ibanez RG-550 (yep, the pre-Jem)

Gear:
for my 4x12 rig:
Tube Works Mosvalve MV-962
Boss GT-6
Marshall Basketweave 4x12 with 4x G12M greenies.

This rig goes: Guitar>Boss GT-6>Mosvalve>4x12

for my 2x12 rig:
Tube Works RT-2100 2x12 Combo
Boss GT-6 through the Effects Loop of the amp.

I like Rock, Hard Rock through the 80's Hair band era. Stuff with musicianship, energy, and creativity.

Jimmy Page is my favorite all time guitar player.

Obviously, I like the Tube Works line. I have found, that using today's amp modeling processors, these processors do their job best over a clean, clean amp.

I found the Tube Works line as some of the best in the industry.....

Glad to meet all you folks.

hubberjub
June 2nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Welcome aboard. I also am a fan of Tube Works stuff. I have a Blue Tube, Real Tube II, and Mosvalve power amp. The Blue Tube and Mosvalve are in my pedal steel rig while the Real Tube is just sitting in a rack looking pretty for the time being.

Robert
June 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the mothership! You'll fit right in here.

I have no experience with Tube Works. Sounds interesting.

Tig
June 2nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Moander aka Brian.

Nice gear collection you have. I'm interested in the software modeling stuff, but haven't dipped my toes in it yet.

Monkus
June 2nd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Welcome !!!!

sunvalleylaw
June 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hi and Welcome!

Moander
June 2nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys.....very warm welcome.

To be frank, this is one of the few welcomes I've received out of several popular boards, and, it went beyond my hopes :)

Call me Moander, per my moniker, Mo, Brian, doesn't matter......most call me Mo, or Moog, as my name is on my Tube Works site.

If any of you have questions about Tube Works, and my experiences with them, ask, as well as questions regarding amp modeling processors with a clean, clean amp.....

One of my Tube Works amps is pure clean, no preamp, power only.
My 2x12 Tube Works combo is a standard 2 channel, powered by a real 12ax7 pre-amp, which some of you are familiar with from the TW pedals....

My Boss GT-6 goes along with whatever rig I take out......

If on the clean power amp, the Boss gets 2 settings changed, and if I go to my Combo, I reverse said 2 settings, hook it up to the loop using the 4 Cable Method.

Something I'll share here, a bit more directly than I have elsewhere....because of the community feel I already have from the welcome...

Having talked to BK Butler over a long time, I can tell you, he is interested in making amps again. Thus, the point of the site in my signature. As some of you may know, he is still making his original Tube Driver pedals, on a per-order basis, as in made to order. They're going for about $300, and are exclusive sounds of David Gilmour, Eric Johnson, and more.....

But, that is all that's available from BK, at THIS point in time.

I'd love to get my hands on an RT-921 Tube Powered Spring Reverb unit from him... even better, get one NEW :) Read those reviews at Harmony Central on that RT-921... you'll probably want one unheard.... but, those are $500 + used on eBay.......:what

Having been on extreme budgets over the years, going through tube amps, multiple various speaker cabinets / configurations, solid state amps, like 6 rack mount and floor processors, and a whole herd of pedals....I found:

1: that I love today's amp modeling / COSM processors (like my GT-6)
2: that to get the most out of today's amp modeling / COSM processors, you need a fabulously clean amp.

Thanks again for the welcome, guys. I'll be around :)

Spudman
June 2nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Hi and welcome Brian. You're another Florida guy that all of us northerners are going to be envious of come January.:tongue:

Last time I saw Blue Oyster Cult Buck was using a Mosvalve rig and not only was it loud but it was total rock and roll baby. The sound really impressed me. I've never played through one but they sure seem to get the job done well.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Katastrophe
June 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
I had a Mosvalve power amp in my old rack setup back in '92. My setup was:

ADA MP1 preamp > ART SG T2 Preamp (effects) > Rocktron HUSH II CX > Mosvalve > Marshall Cabinet. I ran a Nady wireless unit as well.

I absolutely loved the tones. It was loud and clean and dead quiet when I wasn't playing. I had everything connected via MIDI.

Unfortunately, no one told my noob arse that one needed speaker cables to run from the power amp to the cab. I ended up frying the transformer in the Mosvalve.

I still have the ADA, the ART, and the HUSH unit, all busted beyond repair. Don't know why I still have it.

tunghaichuan
June 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the Fret.

I used to have a MosValve power amp based stereo rig: ART Power Plant > Alesis QuadraVerb > MosValve power amp > two 1x12" RSA ported cabs. It sounded okay at first, but the Power Plant preamp began to get on my nerves. Even though it was billed as a "tube emulator" it was only okay and very solid state sounding. I ended up selling off all of it except the RSA cabs.

Brian Krashpad
June 4th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to one Brian in Florida from another Brian in Florida!

I'm up in Gainesville, I have a sis in Ft. Myers.

Moander
June 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Cool on the sis in Fort Myers... we're kind of an armpit city here... glad to hear someone knows there is something between Tampa and Naples :)

FrankenFretter
June 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

Eric
June 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Brian,

Nice to have you as a part of the forum and looking forward to picking your brain and helping wherever I can.

Eric

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Hello and welcome!

bigG
June 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Welcome, Moander! From another (old) Floridian, born n bred. :rockya

mrmudcat
August 3rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
welcome