PDA

View Full Version : Some cool solo guitar from George Benson

jpfeifer
June 4th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is a clip form a DVD that George Benson put out under the Hot Licks company. This is the last bit of the session where he just plays a bunch of things off the top of his head at the end. Check out his wide choice of chords. This guy just oozes music ... very inspiring. --Jim

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dAwxZ0Bp5hE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dAwxZ0Bp5hE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Robert
June 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM
He is a monster player. One of the best jazz guitarists ever.

Is he playing much guitar these days? I certainly don't like his smooth jazz singing stuff... but a guy's gotta make a living on something, I guess.

Tig
June 4th, 2010, 02:16 PM
George plays guitar better than I can...
walk
breath
see
and anything else I could list...
Even in his sleep!

M29
June 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks jpfeifer! What a great player, singer and entertainer!!

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Loves me some GB! There is something about how he voices his chords, and progresses them, that I just love. Thanks!

MAXIFUNK
June 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM
George went to high School & Jr. High with my mom his oldest kids went to school with a some of my cousins. One of the few Great players from Pittsburgh that made it HUGE!!!! Yeah he can play I also like his playing better than his singing. But once he had the smash album "Breezing" in 1976 and crossed and got a taste of that kind of money who could blame him for dipping in that well as much as he could.

I still have his 1st album "Shapes of things to come" signed by him he gave it to my mom when I was 3 or 4 years old.