June 6th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Congrats, that looks nice.

Spudman
June 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
That's a beauty. Where did you get it?

FusedGrooves
June 6th, 2010, 11:02 PM
That's a beauty. Where did you get it?

Unfortunately, had to purchase new, locally from shop. Sticker price was $3000 AUD ended up paying $2050 inc case and got them to throw in a new microphone stand, microfibre cloth and strap with locking nuts. Not bad meant I paid just under $2000AUD for this guitar, $1000 of sticker price! The non deluxe model was selling for $2300 a few months ago...!

I have also put a G&L Hybrid Tele on laybuy. Birds eye Maple neck, Stratocaster PUPS (thus the 'Hybrid' tag) cost $2000 from a friend who is a private collector.............

Last purchase is for an acoustic - tossing up between a Maton or Cole Clark acoustic. . . . .

Heywood Jablomie
June 6th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Sweet!

MAXIFUNK
June 6th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Just HAD to share with somebody!!!

My latest aquisition.....

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/Cunningstunter/da33f459.jpg

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/Cunningstunter/15c6cec1.jpg

Well who could blame you for that! nice axe congrats!:applause

FusedGrooves
June 6th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Well who could blame for that nice axe congrats!:applause

Thanks!!! I don't have many mates who are into playnig music let alone any who would appreciate just HOW good these SA2200s really are.....

Gotta love the single coil tap. . . . . SUCH a versatile guitar! Wish I'd been able to buy one of these much sooner!

MAXIFUNK
June 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks!!! I don't have many mates who are into playnig music let alone any who would appreciate just HOW good these SA2200s really are.....

Gotta love the single coil tap. . . . . SUCH a versatile guitar! Wish I'd been able to buy one of these much sooner!

I Hear you most folks I know could care less about a quality well built instrument. Enjoy getting to know her better!

FusedGrooves
June 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Have spent a little time on this guitar over last few days OMG I am SOOOOO
in love with guitar again....

My Green ibanez I've posted up before now feels very used and 2nd hand....
So whilst I am 'playing/bedding in' the new guitar I might have it repaired....
Frets are well worn and neck needs a polish or something, so much dirt/grim build up over the years.....but still it sounds pretty good.

If anyone wants a wicked sounding, professional level guitar you can't go wrong with these Yamaha's....I almost went a proper Gibson 335 but after playing a few against a few yamaha's the choice was clear cut.......:AOK

Jimi75
June 8th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I have only heard good things about these Yamahas. Would love to hear some clips.

M29
June 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Very nice very nice indeed!!

FusedGrooves
June 8th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I have only heard good things about these Yamahas. Would love to hear some clips.

Hmmm ok I will see what I can do. . . . . might be time to buy that new video camera....

FusedGrooves
September 28th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Has it really been 4 months of playing this already.......wow..

Have enjoyed every moment on this guitar, haven't played on anything else since bringing her home....

Have replaced stock string with the DA Mixed heavy bottom standard tops (11-52 from memory) and getting some beautiful tones....

So in relation to the above question of hearing some clips - for the novice/first timer how can I go about this?

I have Bluefire recording app on iphone which is probably the best way for me to share files but requires an FTP site to work and can't seem to get much happening on it....

I can export wav file from loop station but doesn't include drum patterns etc so not the best method (I wouldn't bother at all).......so back to using something on the iphone?

Would love to share and get some feedback if only I knew how! Help fretterS! :D