PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the Trigger!

sumitomo
June 7th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Pulled the trigger on a Little Lanilei 3350lt,should be here next week.n26pHM3LTEUSumi:D

piebaldpython
June 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Good show Sumi. We need a comprehensive review of that little bugger. I'm seriously considering the Super 50, which is the tame/clean version of the 3350LT.

I heard some clips recently of the 3350 and it sounds real sweet. Plus, it goes easily into the PA or a bigger cab. Damn, now I've got GAS.

FrankenFretter
June 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Cool!

sumitomo
June 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Well the little bugger came and I have a guitar at my shop,I think this will be a great home amp,it does have three different voices and can get that gain dirt at cool volume levels.I'm glad I got this one and not the Super 50 because you just can't get that tube sounding OD with a pedal and this is at a non ear shattering level,can't wait to plug it in a ex cabinet.Sumi:D

Spudman
June 11th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Happy new amph day! :rockya

It looks pretty small. What is the wattage?

riverrick
June 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Listened to the you tube demo. Sounds great for a little amp. Nice one Sumi!!!

sumitomo
June 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Man I thought that lunchbox had some punch,I plugged it into the greenback in my blues junior and wow! it nice having three flavors,I will need the foot switch for it.Wattage I'd say easy 20+ tube it will easily blow the doors off my blues jr. with more to go,but it's different cause if it's say in the gain mode it wont clean up by rolling off the guitar volume only get quieter,that's why the footswitch would be cool to go from clean to dirty channels,nice tube voicing.Sumi:D Gunna give it a workout over my friends tomorrow. Man something wrong with this computer posted and it posted 3 times please remove a couple for me see ya!:zzz

sumitomo
June 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Man I thought that lunchbox had some punch,I plugged it into the greenback in my blues junior and wow! it nice having three flavors,I will need the foot switch for it.Wattage I'd say easy 20+ tube it will easily blow the doors off my blues jr. with more to go,but it's different cause if it's say in the gain mode it wont clean up by rolling off the guitar volume only get quieter,that's why the footswitch would be cool to go from clean to dirty channels,nice tube voicing.Sumi:D Gunna give it a workout over my friends tomorrow.

piebaldpython
June 11th, 2010, 09:22 PM
.I'm glad I got this one and not the Super 50 because you just can't get that tube sounding OD with a pedal and this is at a non ear shattering level.Sumi:D

You sure about this Sumi?? I think Tris at Mahaffay Amps would disagree with you here on this point IIRC on some back-and-forth e-mails I had with him.

Hey, how long did it take you to get the amp after you ordered it?

sumitomo
June 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Don't get me wrong pie you could drive it with a pedal but my ears just hear the diff between the pedal and the tube,I got this off e-bay so 4 days 400.00 to the door.Man did you see and hear that 2 watt East amph Radioboy posted,I'm blown away at the advances these amph builders are comming up with,I feel like a kid in a candy store.Which one to try next?Sumi:D

piebaldpython
June 12th, 2010, 08:10 AM
The great thing about the Little Lanilei is that in a package that is essentially a 10 lb 8" cube, that you can go from 1/4 watt up to 50 watts. Another great feature is how they make it so compatible to hook to a cab.

sumitomo
June 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I think hooking up an ex cab is the way to go,that cab is small and that sound wave shock is tuff on those tubes.Sumi:D

sumitomo
June 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I got a feeling the guy who sold this wasn't happy because it sounded like a scratchy pot when I turned the volume pot on my guitar,so I e-mailed Tris and found out the tubes were in the wrong spot,it's even nicer now,through a ex cab is the way to go.Sumi:D :rockon

sumitomo
June 21st, 2010, 08:26 AM
This is turning out to be an awesome home amph,I love the sound from it.It's the right volume,got some awesome fendery cleans,can get crunchy and can sound full blown also.The more I play through it the more I like it.Sumi:D

Robert
June 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hey Sumi

Clips of you playing, or it didn't happen.

:worthless

sumitomo
June 21st, 2010, 08:49 AM
Sorry I'm still computer retarded,I still don't know how to load pictures up and have no sucess with Audcity yet,I keep trying though.I have to learn this stuff on my own cause I don't know anybody who will show me.Sumi:D