PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Player

player
June 7th, 2010, 11:24 PM
This link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnv66NDZ74should give us all who play guitar fairly well something else to shoot for.I've known about him for a month now But just got around to sharing something this outstanding.
Enjoy I did and have been.

marnold
June 8th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Pretty cool. When the heavier distortion kicks in around 1:45 I thought I heard some Lynchian phrasing in there. It just reminds me of how creative I'm not, at least on the guitar.

Tig
June 8th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Pretty cool. When the heavier distortion kicks in around 1:45 I thought I heard some Lynchian phrasing in there. It just reminds me of how creative I'm not, at least on the guitar.

Players like Schackinger (http://www.steffenschackinger.com/) have a huge toolbox of licks and styles to work from and the talent to make it all come together.
I'm lucky to have the one screwdriver to abuse!

Eric
June 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
When I first saw the title of this post, I thought perhaps you had started a thread as a tribute to yourself. :D

player
June 8th, 2010, 07:29 PM
When I first saw the title of this post, I thought perhaps you had started a thread as a tribute to yourself. :DHeh Heh Eric,I should be so lucky to even have half that talent.kinda like the auto replay upper right corner.Steffan does some amazing things with a strat in some of those 19 videos.working some techniques but it will be awhile to master any one of them. but I giving it a good shot.

Jimi75
June 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Watching alos the other vids where he plays his yellow Fender you can hear a clear Eric Johnsons influence in his playing. He's a cool player, but in my humble opinion the technical aspect still prevails the natural feeling in his clips.

Tig
June 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I got the same feeling after listening to his album, "ElectriGuitartistry", a few times. Quite a range of styles in the songs, all showing incredible technical mastery, but I didn't catch the kind of soulful connection to the music I like.